ATTO’s Desklink Devices allow you to connect your MacBook Pro, iMac or Mac mini to your network at speeds twelve times faster than FireWire and twice as fast as USB 3.0. The ATTO ThunderLink SH 1068 acts as an external Thunderbolt to 6Gb/s SAS/SATA adapter, connecting your Thunderbolt-enabled Mac to Direct Attached Storage. ThunderLink Desklink Devices are ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications such as data back-up and restoration, medical imaging and video rendering.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Dual x4 6Gb/s SAS/SATA port configuration
- SAS 2.0, SAS, SATA and SATA II support
- Supports up to 128 drives
- Dual 10Gb/s Thunderbolt with Display Port and device daisy-chain support
- Driver support for Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher operating systems
Did you notice?Supports up to 128 drives and device daisy chains.
Apple Recommends ForTransferring large amounts of data at lightning-fast speeds.
What's in the Box?
- ThunderLink SH 1068
- Power supply
- Getting Started guide
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Height: 63.5 cm
- Width: 13.9 cm
- Length: 22.9 cm
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Product with Thunderbolt port
- Windows 7 or 8
- UPC or EAN No.: 603175008071
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.