Belkin Charge + Sync Dock for iPhone 5
Belkin Charge + Sync Dock for iPhone 5
The Belkin Charge + Sync Dock has a built-in Lightning connector, so you can dock your iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), or iPod nano (7th generation) for hands-free charging and syncing. And because the dock is compatible with most iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod nano (7th generation) cases, you don't have to remove your case before docking.
- Painted aluminum finish
- Compatible with most cases
- Uses your existing power supply
- Four-foot hardwire USB cable
Did you notice?Built-in Lightning connector for hands-free docking.
Apple Recommends ForCharge and sync your iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5th generation while it's securely docked and easy to view.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin Charge + Sync Dock with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5
- Power Source: USB
- Height: 4 cm
- Width: 6 cm
- Weight: 200 g
- Length: 5.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: F8J045bt
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868945452
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Now, having been very disappointed with the version that needs a lightning cable attached, this one is really nice. The problem wi Now, having been very disappointed with the version that needs a lightning cable attached, this one is really nice. The problem with the former is that the cable pulls through when you take your item off. This is so good I am ordering another so that ipod and iphone have one each! …
- Written by ken C from SPALDING
69 of 73 people found this useful
Early days but so far unit has performed as expected. It appears to be well made and looks smart. My only gripe was its main selli Early days but so far unit has performed as expected. It appears to be well made and looks smart. My only gripe was its main selling point, that it can be used in conjunction with "most" cases. I,ve tried 3 cases to date including one of Belkin's own without success. If this attribute is the main reason you are considering purchasing make sure you try before you buy! …
- Written by bruce T from pinner
70 of 84 people found this useful
Great Dock but not perfect
The dock itself is very well built with a decent weight but beware that if like me you use headphones while at work and wish to pl The dock itself is very well built with a decent weight but beware that if like me you use headphones while at work and wish to plug your Iphone 5 into the dock YOU CANT.
That Apple chose to put the jack on the bottom this time around is a pain in my opinion but if you do so at least get the accessories to be able to cope with this new design.
When I get home I will take a drill to the black plastic part and make room for the jack on my Bose headphones; should be easy enough. …
- Written by Joseph K from Livingston
59 of 73 people found this useful
Not compatible with official Apple iPhone 5S case
I bought this item because of the advertised "compatible with most iPhone 5 cases"..."you don't have to remove the case" and then I bought this item because of the advertised "compatible with most iPhone 5 cases"..."you don't have to remove the case" and then found that it will not work with my official Apple iPhone 5S case attached. …
- Written by Neil C from Dublin 1
3 of 3 people found this useful
Rubbish with a case
The product description claims that the dock will function even the phone is in a case. My iPhone5 with the original iphone5S case The product description claims that the dock will function even the phone is in a case. My iPhone5 with the original iphone5S case does not function in this stand. I have to remove the case before plugging it in. So I am not please with the result. …
- Written by Allan Lemming Lohmann B from Hobro
8 of 8 people found this useful
Very happy with this good-looking charger
It is a desktop lightning charger, is well styled, elegant and functions perfectly. I use it for an iPhone5 and a 5th generation i It is a desktop lightning charger, is well styled, elegant and functions perfectly. I use it for an iPhone5 and a 5th generation iPod touch. The iPod has a after-market transparent back shell and fits into the dock just fine.
Some reviewers have reported that the charger does not work. The lightning connector is designed to latch in place, and so the iPhone needs to be firmly seated on the lightning connector. I found that it took a lot more force that I expected, and I was worried about damaging the connector at first. However, I quickly got used to it, and it is now a reassuring connection.
Some other points to know before purchasing:
- There is absolutely no way that you can remove the iPhone from the dock without holding the base unit. This is because of the latching effect of the lightning connector.
- The dock is the same width as an iPhone and you will not get a headphone jack plugged in whilst charging. I've not experimented with a 90degree adaptor; this may fit.
- Lastly, the lightning connector can rotate forwards and backwards, and you will want to adjust its position so that your iPhone rests on the backrest. …
- Written by Mark D from NEWBURY
7 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this compatable with the ipod touch NEW 16gb?
- Asked by Kendall B from Grand Island
Can you plug still plug in an Aux lead while the device is charging?
- Asked by Josh S
does it have a speaker
- Asked by Marcus S from Toronto
No, unfortunately not. you can play music while your phone/ipad/ipod is on the dock ,but the sound w No, unfortunately not. you can play music while your phone/ipad/ipod is on the dock ,but the sound will not be amplified or played through speakers.
Hope this helps …
- Answered by Carrie K from Mountain Top
does this device work with lifeproof
- Asked by Douglas D from Everett
The waterproof door for the charger will prevent it from connect with the lighting connector
- Answered by Ben N from Oberon
Can I use my Ipad mini on the Belkin Charge + Sync Dock?
- Asked by Viki B from Perth
I purchased the Belkin Charge + Sync for iPhone 5 for my iPhone 5s today (01/12/14) and tried it wit I purchased the Belkin Charge + Sync for iPhone 5 for my iPhone 5s today (01/12/14) and tried it with my iPad Mini with Retina display and it worked very well. I also able to leave the smart cover on, with it folded to the back to the iPad. It doesn't come with an outlet plug so I just connected it to a USB port on the back of my iMac. …
- Answered by David W from Centreville