15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage1
720p FaceTime HD Camera
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
One screen. Five million pixels.
When you pack over five million pixels into a 15.4-inch display, the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can’t discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism and text is pin sharp. And with a 2880x1800 resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. So your best ideas can become your best work.
More colour and contrast. Less glare.
The new Retina display reduces glare while maintaining incredible colour and quality. In fact, it has a 29 per cent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. Blacks are blacker. Whites are whiter. And everything in between is rich and vibrant. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you’ll see the difference at practically any angle. And you’re going to love what you see.
Thunderbolt. Data transfer is now lightning fast.
Thunderbolt technology gives you a single connection that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express. With two 10-Gbps data channels, you can transfer data up to 12 times faster than with FireWire 800. And don’t worry about a single drive or peripheral tying up the Thunderbolt port: you can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. So with one tiny, streamlined port, you get lightning-fast transfer speeds and huge expansion capabilities.
There’s a reason they call it “flash”.
You’ll notice a difference in whatever you do — starting up takes seconds, apps launch quickly, even navigating the desktop feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to flash storage, which gives you up to four times the performance of a traditional hard drive.2 Flash doesn’t have any moving parts, which makes it super-durable and quiet. It also has the ability to stay in standby mode for up to a month. Whether it’s been 1 day or 30, this all-flash MacBook Pro will spring to life from where you left off.
Matching power for power.
A seven-hour battery life is impressive for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, top-of-the-line processors and graphics, and a super-slim design, it’s absolutely remarkable. The built-in 95-watt-hour battery gives you up to 1,000 full charge and discharge cycles and up to 30 days of instant-on standby time.3
Includes Mac App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Notes, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Game Center, iTunes and more.
Apple’s award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including: iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand.
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished MacBook Pro with Retina display
- 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power lead
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
- 256GB flash storage1
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
- Dual display and video mirroring: simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560x1600 pixels on up to two external displays, at millions of colours
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- Headphone port
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SDXC card slot
- Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter (sold separately)
- Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (sold separately)
- Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps)
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (mini-jack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;4 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.8 cm (0.71 inches)
- Width: 35.89 cm (14.13 inches)
- Depth: 24.71 cm (9.73 inches)
- Weight: 2.02 kg (4.46 pounds)5
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 0844 209 0611. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products. Our trained staff are ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.6
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. Testing conducted by Apple in January 2013 using pre-production 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 512GB of flash storage and 16GB of RAM, and pre-production 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 256GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM. 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 4GB of RAM were production units. 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro production systems with 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 8GB of RAM were tested in May 2012. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs and 150GB test file. Average rotational media performance calculated by creating the test file on the outer, middle and inner sectors of the drive, and averaging the results from all three measurements. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation. Requires a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection or a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection and FaceTime for Mac software (may require separate purchase). Not available in all areas.
- 3. Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in January 2013 using pre-production 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems and pre-production 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5‑based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Standby testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using pre-production 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems and in September 2012 using pre-production 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/uk/batteries for more information.
- 4. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- 5. Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 6. Following the 90-day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.