Originally released August 2010
Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere" processor
6GB (6 x 1GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC memory
1TB Serial ATA 7200 rpm
18x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5 memory
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere" processors|
|Cache||12MB fully shared L3 cache per processor|
|Memory||6GB (six 1GB DIMMs) of DDR3 ECC SDRAM at 1333MHz; supports up to 64GB|
|PCI Express 2.0 graphics||ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory|
|Hard disk drive||1TB1Serial ATA (3Gb/s); 7200 rpm|
|Optical drive||18x SuperDrive with double-layer support(DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi3 and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|PCI Express||Three open full-length PCI Express 2.0 expansion slots with mechanical support for 16-lane cards; 300W combined maximum for all PCI Express slots (PCI Express slots are not compatible with PCI or PCI-X expansion cards)|
|Connections and audio||Four FireWire 800 ports (two on front panel, two on back panel)
Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel)
Two USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker
Optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports
Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
|Size and weight||Height: 20.1 inches (51.1 cm)
Width: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)
Depth: 18.7 inches (47.5 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 41.2 pounds (18.7 kg)2
Choose your cores: 4, 6, 8, or 12.
The new Mac Pro offers two advanced processor options from Intel. The Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Nehalem” processor is available in a single-processor, quad-core configuration at speeds up to 3.2GHz. For even greater speed and power, choose the “Westmere” series, Intel’s next-generation processor based on its latest 32-nm process technology. ”Westmere” is available in both quad-core and 6-core versions, and the Mac Pro comes with either one or two processors. Which means that you can have a 6-core Mac Pro at 3.33GHz, an 8-core system at 2.4GHz, or, to max out your performance, a 12-core system at up to 2.93GHz.
The single-die advantage.
Many multicore processors are composed of two separate dies, which means some cached data has to travel outside the processor to get from core to core. That’s an inefficient way to access information. Enter the Quad-Core and 6-Core Intel Xeon processors. Their single-die, 64-bit architecture makes 8MB or 12MB of fully shared L3 cache readily available to each of the processor cores. The result is fast access to cache data and greater application performance. Combine that with the other technological advances and you get a Mac Pro that’s up to 1.5x faster than the previous generation.4
Choose solid-state for ultimate performance.
New to the Mac Pro is the option to add up to four 512GB solid-state drives — or any combination of solid-state and hard drives. Solid-state drives have no moving parts and are capable of accessing data at speeds up to 230MB per second, which is up to twice the speed of hard drives.5 The result? Incredible performance on a range of data-intensive tasks, including up to 2x faster ProRes video encoding using solid-state drives compared with hard drives.6
Give your graphics a turbo boost.
For even more graphics horsepower, upgrade to the ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory. An ideal choice for the most demanding applications, this card features a wider memory bus and higher-performance GPU, resulting in up to 70 percent faster performance compared with the ATI Radeon HD 5770.7
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply.
- Testing conducted by Apple in July 2010 using preproduction Mac Pro 12-core 2.93GHz units and shipping Mac Pro 8-core 2.93GHz units, all configured with 6GB of RAM. Based on render performance of Maxwell Render 2.0.3 using Benchwell's sculpture.mxs. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Pro.
- Solid-state drives are not compatible with the Mac Pro RAID Card in either RAID or Enhanced JBOD mode.
- Testing conducted by Apple in July 2010 using preproduction Mac Pro 12-core 2.93GHz units configured with 6GB of RAM, 1TB 7200-rpm hard disk drive and 512GB solid-state drive. Content was encoded using the Compressor 3.5.2 H.264 for iPod Video 640x480 preset and Qmaster with the maximum number of instances available on each system. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Pro.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2010 using preproduction Mac Pro 12-core 2.93GHz units with ATI Radeon HD 5770 and ATI Radeon HD 5870 configured with 6GB of RAM. Portal tested using mydemo1.dem (http://public.me.com/selene.prod), maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Call of Duty 4 tested using v1.7.1, Timedemoambush, Timedemobog, Timedemopipeline, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, at 2560x1440. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Pro.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- Magic Mouse
- USB keyboard extension cable
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X is the world's most advanced operating system, finely tuned. It installs easily, works with the software and accessories you already have, and is more streamlined, secure, and powerful than ever.
- New core technologies unleash the power of today's advanced hardware.
Includes iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand.
Note: Other software may or may not be included (pre-installed or on CD's/DVD's) with refurbished products, subject to availability.