VMware Fusion 5 makes it a breeze to run your Windows and Mac applications side by side with incredible speed and the reliability you need. With more than 70 new features and optimised for the latest Macs and OS X Mountain Lion, VMware Fusion 5 is better than ever.
Switching from a PC to a Mac made easy
The migration assistant for Windows makes it easier than ever to transfer your entire PC to your Mac and safeguard your Windows software investment. Get the best of both worlds direct access to your Windows programs and all your files from your old PC on your Mac.
Run your favourite Windows programs
Whether you want to run Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 on a Mac, VMware Fusion's easy install feature will get you up and running in no time. With the ability to run Windows-only programs like Microsoft Project, Access and Internet Explorer without rebooting, VMware Fusion turns your Mac into the ultimate computer for compatibility. Launch Windows programs directly from the Dock, Spotlight or Launchpad and view them in Exposé, Spaces and Mission Control as if they were Mac applications. Easily interact with Windows programs using Mac shortcuts and OS X Mountain Lion gestures.
Designed for OS X Mountain Lion
The enhanced user interface makes working with your Windows applications quicker and easier. Launch Windows applications from LaunchPad, move from Windows to Mac with a single swipe in Mission Control and enjoy beautiful high-resolution icons. You can also view Windows programs in full screen and take advantage of gestures. VMware Fusion 5 is also compatible with OS X Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion.
Windows 8 optimised
Get the most out of the new Windows 8 environment directly on your Mac and run it side-by-side with your Mac applications. VMware Fusion 5 has been optimised to take advantage of new Windows 8 technologies and supports Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
Better performance, faster graphics, and outstanding reliability
Optimised for the latest Mac technology, VMware Fusion 5 will run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side at incredible speeds without sacrificing reliability. With Up to 40% faster performance and 45% more battery life than previous versions, Fusion 5 is tuned to make the most of your Mac's Ivy bridge processor, USB 3.0 connectivity and Retina Display.
New learning centre
Learn how to get started, transfer your entire PC to your Mac or install a new copy of Windows and more through step-by-step easy to view video tutorials.
- Switch to Mac and run Windows programs seamlessly on your Mac without rebooting
- Designed for OS X Mountain Lion
- Install from the included USB key or DVD
- Get a more mac-like experience when running Windows applications with the enhanced user interface
- Up to 40% faster performance and up to 45% more battery life compared to previous versions
- Optimised to take advantage of the latest Mac technologies such as Ivy Bridge processors, USB 3.0 connectivity and full Retina Display support
- Full Windows 8 support
- Easily transfer your entire PC to your Mac with the ultra-fast migration assistant for Windows
- Built in Learning Centre walks you through getting started, transferring your entire PC to your Mac and more with step-by-step video tutorials
- More than 70 new features
Did you notice?Fusion 5 has been designed to take advantage of the advanced technology and features of OS X Mountain Lion and the latest Macs.
Apple Recommends ForHome users, students and business professionals who are looking for a fast, easy and reliable way to run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side on their Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- VMware Fusion 5 software DVD
- VMware Fusion 5 USB key
- Getting started guide
- VMware stickers
- Built-in video tutorials
- Internet Access : Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media : Activation Code & Download Link,DVD,FlashMedia
- OS X 10.6.7 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo or later
- 750MB free hard drive space for VMware Fusion and at least 5GB for each Virtual Machine
- 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Operating system installation media (disk or disk image) for virtual machines; Microsoft Windows is not included
- Mfr. Part Number : FUS5-ML-M-CP
- UPC or EAN No. : 814223010476
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Microsoft Windows is not included; must be purchased separately.
Ratings & Reviews
A really cool product
I can install Windows8 on my MBP, meanwhile, I love the feature of restriction and encryption. Using these features, I can safely present any topics on meetings outside. …
- Written by Qiming C from 北京
128 of 145 people found this useful
Top notch product. Lightweight and Simple. Former Parallels Desktop 7 user.
In grad school, you have to learn to navigate between the Mac and PC world. I run Office 2010 and Windows XP as a Virtual Machine as a functional backup if/when I need it; otherwise, I live in iWork '09.
I upgraded to Fusion 5 from Parallels Desktop 7 and couldn't be happier. Four reasons why I like Fusion better than Parallels...
a) When you quit Fusion, there are no residual TSR (Terminal Stay Resident) apps left running in the background. When Fusion is closed, it's closed, and doesn't run anything in the background full-time while your Mac is booted up. Parallels runs plenty of "prl" apps in the background long after you quit the program.
b) Compared to Parallels, Fusion might look a little spartan in comparison. Parallels definitely has the "ease of use" aesthetic to it but Fusion is much more lean, resource friendly. For speed, Fusion really has this down pat--I noticed a big difference in just booting Windows XP with 1GB RAM, 2 Cores alone. I don't game a lot but love to play Sim City in my off time, it runs beautifully in Fusion while Parallels Desktop 7 had issues with the mouse functioning in full-screen. If you absolutely must have full-speed performance, Boot Camp is your best option; however, Fusion 5 the next best thing.
c) Snapshots is a very, very, very nice feature, especially if you run on a laptop. You should always omit your virtual machines (VMs) from Time Machine, especially if on a notebook (VMware makes heavy note of this on their support site as well). This is where Snapshots come in--think of it like Time Machine just for your Virtual Machine. Parallels 7 has this too but it seems to complete much faster in Fusion 5 than it had under Parallels.
d) Ok, one last feature.... Unity. Running Office '10 or Expression Suite 4 in Unity is probably the #1 reason to own this app. The Unity feature makes Windows apps look, behave, and coexist as Mac apps. It's not unique to Fusion but works really well in Fusion 5.
I run this application on a Early '11 15" Macbook Pro (Core i7 Quad Core 2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, stock 750GB HDD) with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. …
- Written by John B from WHITTIER
67 of 72 people found this useful
I can do what I expected to do. :) No problem for me. I run VMWare ESXi on Fusion. I run Win 8, Win 7, Linux for test. All ok. VWM are unity can run programs as Mac's programs. For USB 3.0 problem i use USB 2.0 hub. Connect USB 3.0 hard disk through USB 2.0 hub and then Win 7 on Fusion can detect the USB 3.0 external hard disk. …
- Written by Htet Myat L from singapore
53 of 58 people found this useful
Bootcamp vs Fusion 5
My Macbook pro early 2013 2.4 GHz 16GB ram with Logitech M705 mouse
If I set the function level of the bootcamp Windows 7 to 10 0%
I make a list of functions in Fusion 5:
- Retina Display Resolution Support 100%
- USB2 Support 0% with Western Digital USB3 Drive 0%
- USB3 Support 0% with Western Digital USB3 Drive 0%
- Keyboard integration, must use the Windows 7 Keyboard 50%
- Logitech M705 mouse function, sorry only 10%
- left mouse key 100% , right mouse key 100%
- wheel turning vertical in wrong direction for a Windows 7 user 50%
- no back key function 0%
- no forth key function 0%
- no programmable mouse key functions to make it work equal as in Bootcamp
functions available do not let you make tho mouse work equal 10 %
- peripheral plug and play devices are not recognized as the original device 20%
The Fusion 5 powered Windows 7 is so poor in function compared
with the BootCamp Windows 7, I ask myself why someone would have it.
It could all be solved with software, I suppose. …
- Written by Ernst I from Schafisheim
2 of 9 people found this useful
Easy Install, Works Perfect
I installed Fusion 5 on my 2.4GHz, 8GB MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion and Windows 7. I don't know what all the fuss is about, it hides in the background and works perfect! No slow-downs!
I'll be installing it on my brand-new 27" iMac soon. …
- Written by Michael M from Las Vegas
12 of 15 people found this useful
I never write reviews, but I had to warn on this one. I installed this on a Macbook Pro with 4gb of ram running Mtn Lion and Windo ws 7. I only needed it to run Quickbooks and it made my machine so slow I started to wonder if I picked up a virus. VMware's "free" email support never responded to my request for help. I installed Parallels two days later and have had nothing but great results, very fast and easy to toggle back and forth between OS's. …
- Written by Dan H from Elkins Park
16 of 30 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Steven R from Glenview
- Apr 21, 2013
- Asked by Terese E. M from Dalton
- Apr 29, 2013
No answers yet
In a word!
Only depends on which Mac Mini.
It must be at least what Fusion requires a Mac to be.
I usually go 4gig of Ram and all is well.
Give it a try. The Trial is free.
And there are free Operating Systems you could try out.
Happy Computing. …
- Answered by Gregory B H from Los Angeles
- Feb 22, 2013