Will this product be compatible with the Macbook pro/ Macbook air?
I know this uses bluetooth technology and both the Macbook Pro and Air have bluetooth in it, however, these two products aren't listed under the compatibility section.
- Asked by Jennifer S from Coquitlam
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product be compatible with the Macbook pro/ Macbook air?)
- Asked about: JBL Flip Portable Bluetooth Stereo …
7 Answers from the Community
Click on bluetooth icon -top right corner
Set Up bluetooth device
Hold the on/off button until it makes a noise.
When I did this I still didn't hear sound until I did this step:
After it shows that it is paired with your computer and "connected", go back to the BT icon, scroll to JBL Flip and select "Use as an audio device"
- Answered by Elise N from San Francisco
- Jul 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I got it to work -- FINALLY! This is what I did. Maybe all these steps aren't needed, but it may be worth it just to do it.
JBL plugged into the wall outlet
JBL plugged into MacBook Pro headset slot
Push JBL power button until it flashes red/blue
MacBook Pro will recognize it.
I agree with others.... the JBL instructions are ridiculous!!!
This is a great little speaker with good bass. I recommend it.
- Answered by Katherine G from Lakewood
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
1. Turn on bluetooth and keep bluetooth preferences open
2. Turn on JBL Flip
3. Hold down the power button for approx. 3 seconds until you hear a second beep (slightly different tone to the power on tone)
4. Go back to bluetooth preferences and you will see JBL Flip appear and click 'pair'
5. Play some music, sit back and enjoy
- Answered by Paul G
- Jan 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Called Apple who called JBL. The great apple support person said yes.
- Answered by Gerard Gary D from Shickshinny
- Dec 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
While the unit is on, then hold the on/off button down for 3 seconds.
- Answered by Rodney S from Wilmington
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes it is compatible with MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and MacBook Retina.
- Answered by Cristiano A from Brasilia
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
- Answered by Megha N from Fredonia
- Dec 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Going to be a college student soon... macbook air 13" or macbook pro 13"?
- Asked by Cindy N from Sun City
- Jul 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Going to be a college student soon... macbook air 13" or macbook pro 13"?)