MagicWand is a clever accessory that connects the Magic Trackpad to your Apple Wireless Keyboard, creating one convenient input device for your Mac. MagicWand lets you position your trackpad on either side of the keyboard, great for both right- and left-handed users.
Even more convenience and control
Instead of separate pieces, use your keyboard and trackpad as one consolidated device at your desk or on the sofa. You can even combine this kit with a mouse for even more control at your fingertips. Gesture, swipe and zoom with Magic Trackpad while you use your mouse for more precise work like retouching, painting, and drawing.
- Connect the Magic Trackpad to your Apple Wireless Keyboard to create one device
- Position the Trackpad on the left or right side of your keyboard
- Use to control your Mac-equipped home theater from the couch
- Combine with a mouse to put more control at your fingertips
- Helps you maintain a neat, tidy workspace
Did you notice?MagicWand creates a one-piece device for easily controlling your Mac-powered home theater.
Apple Recommends ForJoin your your Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad into one convenient device.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South MagicWand
- H-beam stabilizer
- T-pad insert
- Owner's guide
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1101
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002221
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad not included
Ratings & Reviews
wow its not even metal 30.00 for plastic!?
It does work however I assumed that as it was so expensive that it would be made from sturdier materials, as it stands its cheap p It does work however I assumed that as it was so expensive that it would be made from sturdier materials, as it stands its cheap plastic. …
- Written by George L from Mountain View
296 of 364 people found this useful
Very Nice... (with one minor fault)
Keeps things together perfectly as advertised if you plan on using it in a "couch" scenario. One thing to note is that if you're Keeps things together perfectly as advertised if you plan on using it in a "couch" scenario. One thing to note is that if you're going to use it on a desk (as I do) the vertical "I" bar that attaches the trackpad and keyboard slightly restricts the use of the physical pad click (makes it a bit harder to push down). The solution I found is to install the long "C" clamp without the "I" bar. This still keeps the keyboard neatly together with the trackpad but allows the click feature of the trackpad to "float" and it's physical click feater is unaltered. If you're going to use it in a couch scenario, install it as directed since as you won't be using the physical click but rather tapping on the pad. …
- Written by Dan B from Corinth
177 of 200 people found this useful
Works well with a couple flaws
When using on my lap, I would like to "click" the magic trackpad, but alas, the only option it the tap-to-click option in settings When using on my lap, I would like to "click" the magic trackpad, but alas, the only option it the tap-to-click option in settings because there's no hard surface.
When using on a desk, if you have a heavy typing hand (I only learned of mine after using this product), you will unintentionally click the trackpad when pressing keys near the bottom corner of the keyboard. This can become extremely irritating because the curser will jump around as if you intended to move or it; or it will recognize a double-click and select the text, overwriting already typed words.
I love the concept of the MagicWand and I think the design is sleek and beautiful. I only wish the usability wasn't hindered in practice. I'm keeping mine, but training myself to use it differently. Some people may not want to bother. …
- Written by Matt D from Astoria
156 of 184 people found this useful
Simple and effective
A really simple and well designed product that is the perfect complement to any mac based home cinema setup.
The customer servi A really simple and well designed product that is the perfect complement to any mac based home cinema setup.
The customer service from Twelve South is fantastic also, having lost a part of the kit one email to their customer services and they sent two spare pieces out to me for free!
well recommended! …
- Written by Christopher A from St Albans
1 of 1 people found this useful
It works fine IF keyboard always connects if it doesn't it's a pain having to pull apart tp get at the keyboard peer button.
- Written by Robert R from Vancouver
0 of 1 people found this useful
This seems like a good product but I discovered a crack diagonally right through my trackpad. Obviously the design did not bear i This seems like a good product but I discovered a crack diagonally right through my trackpad. Obviously the design did not bear in mind that you may pick the combined unit by the corner of the trackpad and it is thus not a good idea. So think twice if you want to use it for a media centre! …
- Written by Willem P from Cairns
0 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What if you're left handed?
- Asked by Alfredo G from Monrovia
- Feb 9, 2014
In the Overview of the product it says that it makes right and left-handed users smile.
- Answered by Jean Paul R from Carson
- Mar 10, 2014
Will the MagicWand work with 2007 Apple wireless keyboard?
- Asked by Stav H from Tel Aviv
- Sep 19, 2013
Is the Magic Trackpad compatitable with iPad?
- Asked by Nathalie P from Ottawa
- Nov 22, 2012
No it is not, the trckpad only works with mac. since there is no phisical cursor on the ipad you wol No it is not, the trckpad only works with mac. since there is no phisical cursor on the ipad you wold not be able to see where it was goin. The answer is no …
- Answered by Max M from Rehoboth Beach
- Jun 22, 2013
will the twelve south magicwand be compatible with the MB110ll/b bluetooth keyboard that includes the numeric keypad?
- Asked by Bradley H from Ft. Benning
- Oct 3, 2012
no, the MB110LL/B keyboard is not wireless.
- Answered by Bradley H from Ft. Benning
- Oct 6, 2012