How do the MM-1 Speakers stack up against the Bose Companion 5? Is it even a comparison??
I currently have the Companion 5's and I love'em. I'm thinking about selling them to pick up a pair of the MM-1 if they are truly worth it.
If you were me, would you just stick with the Companion 5's? Would you sell the Companion 5's for the MM-1S?
- Asked by Robert I from Farmers Branch
- May 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How do the MM-1 Speakers stack up against the Bose Companion 5? Is it even a comparison??)
3 Answers from the Community
Thank you for the detailed differences between the two company apporaches.
I went ahead and purchased the B&W MM-1's a few months ago, re-ripped half of my iTunes library in lossless and I have to say that the speakers are similpy amazing.
It allows you to appreciate your music in a whole new way, a way that gives you goose bumps when you listen to your favorite song or CD. The speakers let you listen to music the way music was supposed to be listened to.
They will only get better with time. You will be blown away.
- Answered by Sam I from Farmers Branch
- Jan 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you need/like bigger-than-life sound and like hyped bass then Bose would be the way to go. I find their trebles metallic but that is subjective.
If you are looking for accurate sound representation in a small package then MM-1 are hard to beat and Bose is nowhere near.
- Answered by Elia K from Toronto
- Jul 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I own both these sets of speakers and prefer Bose Companion 5. They just have a fuller sound that is warmer and more pleasing. Also the MM-1 do not have a separate sub-woofer so if you want a great bass sound these speakers just can't do it. They are great if you want that super minimalist look with decent sound.
- Answered by Aaron W from Springfield Gardens
- May 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Replacement for the Bose Companion II Series 2?
- Asked by Javier M from Caceres
- Jan 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Replacement for the Bose Companion II Series 2?)
- Asked about: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speak…
How do these compare to the Bose Companion 5?
- Asked by Ramnik M from Yorba Linda
- Jan 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do these compare to the Bose Companion 5?)
- Asked about: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 2.1 C…
Is there a power button on the remote or the speakers?
- Asked by Anthony H from San Francisco
- Jan 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a power button on the remote or the speakers?)
- Asked about: Bose Companion® 20 Multimedia Speak…