can you use the apple wireless keyboard with the ipad 2?
- Asked by Trampas S from Bloomington
- Mar 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the apple wireless keyboard with the ipad 2?)
5 Answers from the Community
Go to Settings app
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
Make sure your keyboard is in discovery mode (press the silver button on the right side of the keyboard - the green light will start flashing)
In the Bluetooth section on the iPad, you should see the wireless keyboard
Select the found keyboard to pair it with the iPad
You'll be asked to type a pairing code on the keyboard - if it's entered successfully, your keyboard will be paired with the iPad (or any iOS device with Bluetooth)
Note that when you are using the Bluetooth keyboard, the normal iPad keyboard does not appear - turn off Bluetooth or the external keyboard (press and hold the button on the right side of the Apple Wireless Keyboard), or travel outside the 10-15m range of Bluetooth to go back to using the regular iPad keyboard
- Answered by Spring L
- Jul 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes just go to settings-general-bluetooth and then just turn on the keyboard and it should pop up as able to be connected. Then just type the access code in on the keyboard and there you go! you can use your apple wireless keyboard with your ipad 2
- Answered by Chris H from Winter Park
- Sep 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Spring L's advice is very useful. However I had problems getting keyboard into Discovery Mode with Green light flashing. You need to "press and hold" power button on keyboard.
I found the process much better after I had removed the batteries from keyboard. This would have disconnected by keyboard from iMac. So now I'm successfuly typing this onto my iPad using wireless keyboard. A great combo. Much faster than touch screen keys.
- Answered by Andrew M
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Keyboard types really well
Cannot figure how to navigate around the app or between apps ......... So in the end not that useful. I was hoping that I could control my iPad from a distance when connectect to tv or on a stand.
- Answered by Paul G from Melbourne
- May 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes we can use it by the method listed by Spring L. and I wish to add that the ipad on screen keyboard comes up when you press the "Eject" button on the top right hand side of the keyboard.
- Answered by Mohit G
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard
- Asked by Gloria J K from San Diego
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
does it work with Apple tv 2?
- Asked by Craig B from Georgetown
- Feb 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with Apple tv 2?)
- Asked about: Incase Origami Workstation
does the trackpad work with ipad 2 and wireless keyboard
- Asked by Sally H
- Nov 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does the trackpad work with ipad 2 and wireless keyboard)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad