can i connect macbook pro to two monitors
display on macbook pro
- Asked by Greg B
- Jan 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect macbook pro to two monitors)
3 Answers from the Community
If you have a MacBook Pro with Retina display you can use the HDMI cable or the Mini Displayport to connect one monitor and use the Thunderbolt to VGHA connector to connect a second monitor. This setup allows you to mirror three screens OR use them all independently (you will get higher res if you use the DisplayPort connector to connect to a high-def monitor).
- Answered by Nigel F from Duxbury
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The method will depend on your desired configuration.
Do you want to show the same thing on both external monitors (either cloned desktop or extended desktop)? Then you need a signal multiplier/Distribution Amplifier (DVI DA or VGA DA). If you want to show 2 different things on the externals (like the standard desktop plus extended desktop) then you need a product like the matrox dual-head or triple-head.
- Answered by Bruce W from San Francisco
- Feb 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the same question. I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro which does not have the retina display. I have an external monitor already driven via a Thunderbolt to DVI adapter.
I'd like to add a second external digital monitor. But since the Thunderbolt port is already in use, I only have a Firewire port and two USB 2.0 ports left.
What do I need to do to create the digital video link for the second monitor?
- Answered by John M from Keizer
- Feb 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How can I connect two VGA monitors to my macbook pro for simultaneous use? ?
- Asked by Darryl W from Crestline
- Dec 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect two VGA monitors to my macbook pro for simultaneous use? ?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Is it possible to plug in two external monitors?
- Asked by Tim S from Angaston
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to plug in two external monitors?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
I am looking for an adapter to run my Macbook Pro with two parallell PC monitors with VGA connection. Does such a product exist?
- Asked by Al M
- Oct 2, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I am looking for an adapter to run my Macbook Pro with two parallell PC monitors with VGA connection. Does such a product exist?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter