I have the below system, will this item be compatible?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
- Asked by Aimee W from Kenwood
- Jan 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the below system, will this item be compatible?)
2 Answers from the Community
Your iMac has USB2 ports. It does not have USB3 nor thunderbolt. If you purchase this product even though I believe its a great product you'd be wasting your money. You'll never achieve realistic performance out of it. Your best choice is to purchase a firewire 800 product. In todays world firewire 800 is too darn slow.
Bottom line buy a guad core iMac and get in the modern world or be satisfied with what you currently use.
- Answered by Don H from Woodhaven
- Feb 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Should be, but you do not list your operating system. Box says compatible with OS X 10.5 (intel only) or higher.
2010 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, Core i5, RAM 4 GB. OS 10.9.1
No Thunderbolt connection. Comes with Thunberbolt cable and USB 2.0 or 3.0 to USB 3.0 cable. I'm using USB 2.0. Before I replace or retire the LaCie, I'll be Thunderbolt equipped, so I bought it now.
- Answered by Frank R from Mooresville
- Jan 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this item compatible with an iPod Classic
- Asked by Anne R from San Francisco
- Mar 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this item compatible with an iPod Classic)
- Asked about: JBL Micro Wireless Bluetooth Speake…
Is this sound system compatible with the ipad?
- Asked by Emily R from Dayton
- Dec 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this sound system compatible with the ipad?)
- Asked about: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 2.1 C…
In the compatibility section I do not see the iPod shuffle, will this item charge that?
- Asked by Linda N from Douglassville
- Aug 31, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (In the compatibility section I do not see the iPod shuffle, will this item charge that?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable