does the LED blue light always appear on, even when mac is sleeping? is it noisy?
- Asked by Zeeshan S
- Jul 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does the LED blue light always appear on, even when mac is sleeping? is it noisy?)
2 Answers from the Community
OK I have this LaCie 3TB drive.
It is quiet.
The blue light is not obtrusive until reading/writing when its at full brightness & annoys if beside the computer. I actual have a piece of blue masking tape over it!! My wife turns it a right angles.
It has one big major drawback - My iMac is 2011 so is USB2. This drive is USB3 and will not work with my iMac. In fact whist its connected my iMac will not boot up.
It works perfectly with my MacBook Pro which is new & has Thunderbolt & USB3.
For the money its as good as it gets with the above proviso's.
- Answered by Thomas M from Redmond
- Dec 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes the light is always on but it dims when inactive - it does make a bit of noise when it's actually reading/writing but is quiet the rest of the time.
This is more a response to the other reply and to clarify - I have a 2011 iMac with USB2 and it works fine not to mention that the 2011 iMac also has thunderbolt which it works fine with.
- Answered by Andrea G
- Aug 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the wire that connects the phone to the headphones always black and red?
- Asked by Sheila C from Coppell
- Aug 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the wire that connects the phone to the headphones always black and red?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphones
Does the Subwoofer have a blue LED light on it like the Soundsticks II? If so can you turn it off now?
- Asked by Jeff D from San Jose
- Dec 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Subwoofer have a blue LED light on it like the Soundsticks II? If so can you turn it off now?)
- Asked about: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 2.1 C…