Unlike traditional, circular earbuds, the design of the new Apple EarPods is defined by the geometry of the ear. Which makes them more comfortable for more people than any other earbud-style headphone.
The speakers inside Apple EarPods have been engineered to minimize sound loss and maximize sound output. So you get high-quality audio that’s just as impressive as what you’d hear from more expensive headphones.
The Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic also include a built-in remote that lets you adjust the volume, control the playback of music and video, and answer or end calls with a pinch of the cord.
- Designed by Apple
- Deeper, richer bass tones
- Greater protection from sweat and water
- Control music and video playback
- Answer and end calls
What's in the Box?
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Storage and travel case
- The remote and mic are supported by all models of iPod, iPhone, and iPad (not all models support volume up/down functions). Audio is supported by all iPod models.
- Requires software version 1.0.3 for iPod nano (4th generation), 2.0.1 for iPod classic (120GB), and 2.2 or later for iPod touch (2nd generation).
1800-692-7753 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic for $30
These little suckers are on par with my Bose $130 headphones (MIE2i). They are a HUGE leap forward from the prior Apple Ear Buds. These little suckers are on par with my Bose $130 headphones (MIE2i). They are a HUGE leap forward from the prior Apple Ear Buds. There are immensely comfortable, and even the buttons on the chord have a better feel (more satisfying click) than the prior Ear Buds. As for sound, they produce a great, rich, range; with much improved bass.
I seriously couldn't recommend these more. …
- Written by Matthew S from San Antonio
5058 of 5803 people found this useful
Handsdown, these are best $30 headphones you can buy.
I just got these today and they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used.
Having had high end headphones for many y I just got these today and they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used.
Having had high end headphones for many years I can say that Apple has outdone themselves in every aspect of these Earpods.
As far as the old headphones that came with my iPhone one of the annoying parts were over time the rubber washer around the earpiece would fade away leaving the rough inner part exposed. This one is smooth and sleek. It fits perfectly in your ear with no compromise.
The first time I put these on I could not believe the sound difference.
There is a presence there that was not on the older iPod headphones.
The bass is rich but not too overbearing. The highs are clear and the mids are there to balance things out. I've tested these out thoroughly and I have to say at $30 its a no brainer.
When I saw these headphones I knew there must have been something magical about them. Apple doesn't just change their headphones without a good reason.
I've been listening to random music. One track in particular sounded just incredible on these Earpods it was Phaeleh Afterglow. I'm not sure if its on iTunes but the lows are jaw dropping.
Along with all of the Tool songs and A perfect circle. I test these with Classical works from Vivaldi, Mozart, and Bach.
This was one of the many gifts that Steve Jobs left us before he passed.
I tip my virtual hat to you Apple. …
- Written by shawn A from BOCA RATON
4172 of 4781 people found this useful
These are a huge improvement over the old version in every way:
1. The sound is a huge improvement. There is a lot more bass an These are a huge improvement over the old version in every way:
1. The sound is a huge improvement. There is a lot more bass and clarity. They almost sound as good as my Philips O'Neil Stretch Over-ear Headphones. There is more isolation from outside noise.
2. The fit in the ear is better. They feel bigger in your ear.
3. The cord is a bit thicker and more smooth. The old version was more rubbery.
4. The microphone/control buttons are bigger and feel better made and more clicky. The microphone does not seem any better than the old version. …
- Written by Paul B from Norco
3683 of 4152 people found this useful
The music plays great on it than just hearing it on the speakers of an technoligy. This also work eventhough you acciedently forgo The music plays great on it than just hearing it on the speakers of an technoligy. This also work eventhough you acciedently forgot to take it out from the pocket and went through heavy washing and drying. I recommend this as an cheaper and for protective and great sound earpods. …
- Written by James K from Shadow hills
1 of 1 people found this useful
SO PAINFUL! :( My ears hurt!
Can't even wear them for a few minutes, stretch out your ears and make them sore.
- Written by Sylvie C from Moncton
3 of 3 people found this useful
Maybe for an emergency
Just tried these with my new iPhone and... horrible. As a person with small ears they were painful to wear and took awhile to fit Just tried these with my new iPhone and... horrible. As a person with small ears they were painful to wear and took awhile to fit properly to hear the music at the right volume.
Secondly, though you put it as one of your highlights, the richer bass feature would have been better if it could be turned off depending on a person's preference; for me, with quite sensitive hearing, found it quite a sickening experience. All this for the duration of one song!
Overall I would only use them for a call but never again for music. …
- Written by Holly S from Chichester
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the EarPods work with other smartphones and audio devices?
- Asked by Brandon H from Johnson City
- Sep 13, 2012
Yes the EarPods work with other smartphones and audio devices. I have been using EarPods with my HTC Yes the EarPods work with other smartphones and audio devices. I have been using EarPods with my HTC Wildfire S.As for the audio control it works for it too. …
- Answered by Yousuf S
- Sep 13, 2012
Is the new iPhone EarPod compatible with the iPhone 4s?
- Asked by Debbie F from Randolph
- Sep 13, 2012
Yes, you can use these with the iPhone 4S, and the remote, volume-up-down buttons, etc. should all w Yes, you can use these with the iPhone 4S, and the remote, volume-up-down buttons, etc. should all work fine. …
- Answered by Nick T from Bethesda
- Sep 14, 2012
Can you mute/ unmute yourself on phone calls?
- Asked by Paul S from New York
- Sep 13, 2012
When on a call:
1) Press hide
2) Press mute
- Answered by Richard V from Ringwood North
- Nov 18, 2014
do the microphone and controls work with a macbook pro?
- Asked by Alexander A
- Jul 9, 2013
Yes. They will work just perfect. I guarantee it. I use them with my MacBookPro all the time.
- Answered by Erik F from Detroit
- Sep 11, 2013
Are EarPods water and sweat resistant?
- Asked by Jeffrey M from Lake Forest
- Sep 15, 2012
They have been designed differently to help resist sweat
- Answered by Michael P from Mount Airy
- Sep 27, 2012