These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2176
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005250
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Love. Clear color keeps Beauty and adds Shine, Stability, and Protection.
First off, color choice was a tough one to make online, and therefore I opted for going into my local Apple store (blessed COLOR:
First off, color choice was a tough one to make online, and therefore I opted for going into my local Apple store (blessed) where I didn't hesitate to open the packages and try the different shells they had in stock on the 11" MacBook Air they had on display.
The grey does show the Apple through it, but it was dull for my taste. If you want your computer to "not" be noticeable this could be a great choice.
In the end it was a debate between "clear" and the "purple" which I wholeheartedly (as a florist of over 18 years) would call lavender. I have to say the lavender was pretty cool and kind of had an iridescent effect to it once on the computer (in the packaging it does look purple because the top and bottom are set upon each other, but once on the computer it is lavender), I opted for clear because it shows off the beauty that is Apple.
Snaps on in seconds and very easily, so much so you would think Apple made it.
An unexpected bonus is that I have noticed I don't hesitate as much when I grab my computer, it is like the shell gives it more "grip" and is not as slick. Loving this hidden bonus.
Love. Clear color keeps my Apple's Natural Beauty and adds Shine, Stability, and Protection.
11" MacBook Air with this shell fits beautifully in the "Thule Stravan 11" MacBook Air Sleeve" sold here on Apple. …
- Written by Tiffany R from Palm Desert
6 of 6 people found this useful
Pros: The material seems quite good.
Cons: The lower part towards the front of the MacBook Air (the part facing you on the lower Pros: The material seems quite good.
Cons: The lower part towards the front of the MacBook Air (the part facing you on the lower side) hangs, there is nothing that holds it in place.
Suggestions. Include a small clip to the front side as well. …
- Written by Benni A from Vantaa
21 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this case pass the MIL STD 810G test? The description did not say.
- Asked by Adrienne M from Palm Bay
- Feb 26, 2015
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 19, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 7, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 10, 2013