The Nessie adaptive USB mic from Blue Microphones dramatically simplifies recording. Just plug Nessie into the USB port of your Mac and it automatically adapts to whatever you’re recording, whether it's vocals, instruments or voiceovers. The mic applies professional studio processing and includes a built-in pop filter and shockmount, so you can capture beautifully finished sound without the need for additional mixing or editing.
- Professionally enhances audio for polished music demos, podcasts, interviews, YouTube broadcasts and more
- Adaptive processing automatically smoothes and refines audio in real time
- Built-in studio-grade pop filter and shockmount reduce harsh plosives and disruptive rumblings and vibrations
- Three flexible modes optimised for richer vocals, more detailed instruments or an option for raw audio for manual post-production
- Zero-latency headphone monitoring to eliminate distracting delay
- Headphone volume and instant mute located on the mic
- Single custom-tuned cardioid condenser capsule
- Serpentine adjustable head for flexible positioning
- Easy plug-and-play via USB with both Mac and PC
Did you notice?The Nessie adaptive mic is compatible with your iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
Apple Recommends ForInstantly creating polished music demos, podcasts, interviews and much more on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz to 22 kHz
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- THD: 0.009%
- Input Type: USB
- Power: 100 mW
- Height: 25.4 cm/10 in. (In stand, home position)
- Width: 9.52 cm/3.75 in. (In stand, home position)
- Weight: 0.64 kg (In stand)
- Length: 9.52 cm/3.75 in. (In stand, home position)
- OS 10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB of RAM
- Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
- 64 MB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: 836213002025
- UPC or EAN No.: 836213002025
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone or a guitar, and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-off in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone’s recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume — solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally pre-recorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud
• Email songs straight from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-off in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic for Podcasting and Videochat!
Just wanted to clarify something I was not aware of before purchasing. The headphone-out on the back is the best feature since it Just wanted to clarify something I was not aware of before purchasing. The headphone-out on the back is the best feature since it allows zero-latency monitoring. Furthermore, if you switch the audio output on your mac to the mic, you'll get the monitor plus any audio output from your computer. This lets you video chat while hearing yourself. I'm not sure why this is so fantastic but it somehow is.
The negatives would be the size (hard to avoid since it needs to be elevated) and also the materials. I'd love this to be aluminum or another metal even if were 2x the price. That said, it still looks solid and will probably last a long while. Another negative is its ability to pick up voice from afar - this might be inherent in the way sound works but when you are right up close to the mic the detail is about 5x as opposed to 6" away. The shock mount is also not all it is cracked up to be. Take these negatives with a grain of salt since there are many more positives than negatives.
Overall it is solid and I'd not hesitate to purchase it again. Making a mic with professional-grade construction with the same consumer-driven features would be the icing on the cake. Still the best desktop mic I've used and I'd highly recommend. …
- Written by Dave W from Vancouver
71 of 79 people found this useful
Great Microphone that will Improve the Quality of Home Recordings!
The audio this microphone produces in voice mode is at least as good, if not better, than anything I could create through hours of The audio this microphone produces in voice mode is at least as good, if not better, than anything I could create through hours of post-production editing. Nessie is going to be a real time saver.
The mute button is a little sensitive. It’s a capacitive button which means you simply have to touch it for it to respond. A very light brush across its surface can cause Nessie to mute. The button is very sensitive and it became a little annoying when I tried moving the mic into a different position. Several times I inadvertently turned mute on when I held the base to move the mic. I didn’t realize that one of my fingers had brushed against the button. When mute is turned on the LED in the base slowly blinks. I wish the mute button was a little higher up on the neck.
There’s not much to mention about the adjustable serpentine neck. The head’s range of motion is limited.
Nessie works well with Dragon Dictation. With the mic set in voice mode, I ran through Dragon Dictation’s voice training. It didn’t miss a word. Even when I dictated some real text later on, the word recognition was perfect. There wasn't one mistake. This microphone will improve the quality of any home recording. …
- Written by Victor F from Raleigh
55 of 59 people found this useful
Great for Voice overs
I like this mike. For voice overs it is much better than all others that I have tried. The only fault is that the design of the mi I like this mike. For voice overs it is much better than all others that I have tried. The only fault is that the design of the mike lets it flop down from the upright holder. Poor design there. [Same thing on both Nessies that I have used.] But it works and works very well. …
- Written by Don F from Gastonia
36 of 39 people found this useful
This mic is definitely worth the money. So, if you're are looking for a professional mic, please get it.
-Sound is great This mic is definitely worth the money. So, if you're are looking for a professional mic, please get it.
-Sound is great
-3 settings (music, voice, and raw)
-Has good grip
-Lights indicate status of mic
-VERY easy setup
-Pop filter and shock mount work well
-Picks up every single noise about within 100 ft of mic (could be good or bad)
-Mute button can be turned off/on easily
-Materials are plastic, not metal
Overall a great mic. The first time I listened to it, I was blown away because it makes anything sound 10x better. Anyway, if you're looking for a good mic for $100, get this one. It is seriously AMAZING! …
- Written by kelly H from highland mills
Good but not great
It took me a while to figure out the best way to use this mic for singing with Garageband on my iMac. If I get closer than about 2 It took me a while to figure out the best way to use this mic for singing with Garageband on my iMac. If I get closer than about 20 cm it can hear my headphones. Sometimes it records crackly sound, but I can clear that by unplugging it and plugging it in again, then recording again. It also records very quietly: I have to boost the volume in GB as high as it will go (+6 dB). Not brilliant for $NZ195.00 …
- Written by Stephen R from NAPIER
Great For Podcasts & Commentaries!
I got this microphone straight from Apple website and its perfect. The audio quality is very high and perfect for YouTube, Podcast I got this microphone straight from Apple website and its perfect. The audio quality is very high and perfect for YouTube, Podcasts or anything you do. All you have to do is to remove the background noises if your computer is noisy. I love it for my YouTube Channel. …
- Written by Jakub F from Bandon
3 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What software does this use? What kind of file does it create? Can that file be imported to ProTools?
- Asked by Sharon M from Pasadena
- Dec 17, 2013
Can this be used with separate headphones like for Rosetta Stone?
- Asked by Wesley G from Mechanicsville
- Nov 27, 2013
Yes, you can choose you mic-in and sound-out preferences in system preferences on mac.
- Answered by Max M from Toledo
- Nov 30, 2013
does this mic work with the ipad?
- Asked by Cass D from Sheridan
- Jun 15, 2013
Yes - see the product description: "Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connecti Yes - see the product description: "Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)." User the Camera Connection Kit adapter (30-pin or Lightning to USB) and plug in the Nessie to record on your iPad. …
- Answered by Jeff C from Kingston
- Jun 15, 2013