Ultimate Ears BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Ultimate Ears BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen – with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size – sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker plays bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colourful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Multipoint Support
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 18 cm/7.09 in.
- Width: 6.91 cm/2.72 in. (Diameter)
- Weight: 540 g
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000685
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855096104
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
You'd never walk all the way to your TV to turn it on and you shouldn't have to with your wireless speaker either. Use the UE BOOM app to control the party from afar and to unlock an expanding set of cool additional features like our musical alarm and fully customizable 5-band EQ. UE BOOM app features include:
- Double Up – Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE BOOM or UE MEGABOOM and take your party to 11. Use the app to control the balance and to choose between Stereo or Double sound.
- Remote Control – Use the app as a remote control to power your UE BOOM on/off from afar.
- Alarm - Start last night's party all over again–every morning. UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations and more. Because the party never actually stops–you just pass out.
- Customizable 5-band EQ - Use the fully customizable five-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound so it's just right for you. Need a little more bass? Done. More highs and mids? No problem. You set it how you like it.
- Wireless Speaker Updates – Wirelessly update the software on your UE BOOM to get all the latest ear-blowing features.
- Settings – Personalize your UE BOOM’s name, language and more all through the app.
- Learn – Use the UE BOOM How To guide to learn all about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1800-692-7753 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
Ratings & Reviews
There is a reason it is called Boom. Explosive sound! Love the features and ease of use. UE put a lot of though into how a device There is a reason it is called Boom. Explosive sound! Love the features and ease of use. UE put a lot of though into how a device like this should work, and they have done a fantastic job. Very well balanced sound that never distorts at crazy high volume. I still can't believe how good this is. I'm buying another one to pair in stereo with the cool iOS app. There is nothing at this price point that can compare to the Boom. …
- Written by Aman C from Mississauga
36 of 38 people found this useful
Crispy and very good lows
- Written by Felipe O from Bradenton
35 of 43 people found this useful
Love the quality of the sound from this speaker and the battery life on it cannot be beat. It is truly portable and seems pretty d Love the quality of the sound from this speaker and the battery life on it cannot be beat. It is truly portable and seems pretty durable as well. The only downside to this product is the UE app functionality, which needs an improvement. Love this speaker! …
- Written by Nicholas D from Carmel
15 of 16 people found this useful
Best Bluetooth Speaker
After looking at the Bose, Jawbone, and Beats offerings, I chose the UE Boom. I really liked the battery life and water resistanc After looking at the Bose, Jawbone, and Beats offerings, I chose the UE Boom. I really liked the battery life and water resistance of the speaker. The price is among the highest for this type of speaker, but the sound quality and features are worth every penny. I bring this speaker when I travel as well as use it at the beach and pool. There is no problem being able to hear it at a noisy beach and it fills a large hotel room with beautiful sound. It is more then loud enough without being distorted at all. I highly recommend this speaker. …
- Written by BRETT D from Fort Lauderdale
Great to take anywhere.
Pros: I take this everywhere with me. It is easy for anybody to connect to via bluetooth, and the app allows you to create setting Pros: I take this everywhere with me. It is easy for anybody to connect to via bluetooth, and the app allows you to create settings for the best sound for where you are. You can even pair two speakers should you happen to own two of them. I really appreciate the alarm, as you can set it up to have a specific playlist of songs to wake up to.
Cons: I took this kayaking once, and it was really hard to get the right sound. No matter the settings or placement, it was too loud where I was, and my friends who weren't very far away from me could BARELY hear the music. My phone speakers carried sound much better. Everywhere else I've taken it (outside of water) the sound balanced nicely. …
- Written by Claire S from Austin
I LOVE IT !!!
I traded in my Beats Pill because the sound quality was horrible. Once I got this one omg I love it. The sound is loud and really I traded in my Beats Pill because the sound quality was horrible. Once I got this one omg I love it. The sound is loud and really clear, it evens has an alarm but you'll have to download the app for the device control it better. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good speaker to wants a good sound quality. The beats is just the logo you'll be paying which you'll regret it. Switch to this one trust it's worth the money! …
- Written by Naida M from Miami
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How do I play music from my iPod Classic using audio cable?
- Asked by Qing D from Morristown
- Mar 7, 2015
You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the o You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the other end of the cable into the bottom of the UE Boom. There are two ports on the bottom of the UE Boom, one is the micro USB used for charging and the other is a round 3.5mm input, plug the cable into that. Turn the speaker on and you're good to go. Just keep in mind that you need to turn the volume all the way up on your iPod classic and then adjust the volume of the speaker using the + and - icons on the UE Boom itself. …
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
- Mar 11, 2015
Can you connect 3 or 4 speakers together. Currently I have 2 connected.
- Asked by Don J from New York
- Feb 16, 2015
Only 2 at a time.
- Answered by Julian W from Chicago
- Feb 24, 2015
can i answer a call with the ue boom without using my phone like i do with my blue tooth in my truck(i hit the answer call button in my truck)
- Asked by Pasi P from Sherwood Park
- Dec 25, 2013
Hi there, will this speaker work with the shuffle? I'm looking for a small speaker to take with a shuffle while I am hiking for a month...
- Asked by Sam S from Auckland
- Nov 19, 2014
Will UE Boom speakers work with Mackbook pro
- Asked by James D from Bellingham
- Nov 18, 2014
Yes! It uses bluetooth. Should work with any mac made in the past 8 years. :)
- Answered by John A from Marietta
- Nov 20, 2014