The Twelve South BackPack 3 is a sleek, sturdy shelf designed exclusively for your iMac or Apple Display. This slice of steel makes a perfect perch for hard drives, USB peripherals or action figures. Included vertical support pegs safely and securely prop up vertical-oriented drives, Time Capsule or even a MacBook Air. BackPack hangs on the back or front of your Mac using two clips and gravity. Built-in cable management rails hold your power cords in place for grab and go convenience. The shelf can support devices up to 1.6 kg. Vertical support pegs are coated in soft silicone to prevent scratches or marks on your device. The plastic mounting clips do not have any screws that come in contact with your Mac. Because it's height adjustable, you can hang two BackPacks on one Mac.
- Steel shelf designed for your iMac or Apple Display
- Hangs on the back or front of your iMac
- Perfect shelf for hard drives and other devices you would prefer to keep out of sight, but not out of reach
- Vertical support pegs securely prop up vertical-oriented drives or a MacBook Air; can be arranged in any formation along perforated base
- Built-in cable management rails prevent unplugged cables from slipping to the floor
- Supports devices up to 1.6 kg
- Perforations in shelf allow for maximum airflow and cooling
Did you notice?The BackPack 3 can support hard drives, a Time Capsule or even your MacBook Air.
Apple Recommends ForCreating a less cluttered, more serene workspace for your iMac and yourself.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BackPack 3 adjustable shelf
- Four silicone-coated vertical support pegs
- Assorted fit inserts to accommodate various size iMacs and Apple Displays
- Owner's manual
- Non-slip shelf pad
- Height: 2.01 cm/0.79 in.
- Width: 17.78 cm/7 in.
- Weight: 181.44 g
- Length: 9.91 cm/3.9 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1302
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002733
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Simple, elegant, effective
I purchased this item some three years ago and installed it for additional storage capacity on the rear of my 27" iMac. I have no I purchased this item some three years ago and installed it for additional storage capacity on the rear of my 27" iMac. I have not moved it about since installation and it has proven very unobtrusive and useful in keeping my desk organized in a very small space. I have used it to store a weather station monitor and hub for a peripheral device without problems. If you feel it is expensive, it is very worth the outlay as you will get years out of it, it can be taken to a future Mac and it will help with your aesthetic. …
- Written by Jeffrey B from New York
9 of 9 people found this useful
Good but not great.
Like most 12-South products, this looks the part of a proper Apple accessory and is well constructed. However, I was a little disa Like most 12-South products, this looks the part of a proper Apple accessory and is well constructed. However, I was a little disappointed that once installed it seemed a little flimsy. I bought the backpack to be a HDD holder on the back of my iMac 27". It installed OK, but the clips that attach the unit to the base of iMac pedestal are not tight enough. I had to shim them with a little piece of plastic to make a snug fit. YMMV. …
- Written by Joshua L from Seattle
90 of 96 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work on a late 2013 27" iMac?
- Asked by Peter I from Rock Hill
- Oct 10, 2013
Yes it can. In the box are clips specifically for your model. It has a little leaflet in it telling Yes it can. In the box are clips specifically for your model. It has a little leaflet in it telling you what clips should be used for what device.
Hope it helps :) …
- Answered by Tom D
- Oct 13, 2013
Will the twelve south backpack adjustable shelf hold a mac mini server
- Asked by Elizabeth M from Canfield
- Aug 6, 2013
Yes it will
- Answered by Colin C from Moss Vale
- Oct 27, 2013
Can I attached two of these shelves to the iMac base - one pointing backwards behind the monitor, and one facing forward underneath the monitor?
- Asked by John M from Thornhill
- Jun 11, 2013
Yes, you can do this. The BackPack 3 can be positioned at different heights on the iMac/Thunderbolt Yes, you can do this. The BackPack 3 can be positioned at different heights on the iMac/Thunderbolt Display/Cinema Display stand so you can have 2 on the back or one facing forward and one on the back. …
- Answered by Chris B from Rio Rancho
- Jun 22, 2013