Dual microphones for outstanding audio
Two microphones work together to capture your voice and limit background noise for great audio quality, whether you're on a call or listening to music.
DeepSleep power-saving mode
Marque “hibernates” when it's away from your iPhone, extending battery readiness for up to five months.
2-in-1 charging kit
You'll never be powerless with the 2-in-1 charging kit. The combo USB cable lets you charge your headset and iPhone together from either your computer or your car.
Now you can be truly hands-free when you need to be. When a call comes in you can answer or ignore your calls via voice recognition – without pushing a button.
- Dual microphones capture your voice and limit background noise for clear, crisp conversations
- Listen to your favourite music and media from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Extend battery readiness up to six months with DeepSleep “hibernation” mode
- Answer or ignore incoming calls with voice recognition
- 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge headset and iPhone from computer or car
- Voice alerts tell you talk time, connection status and more
- Ultralight design is comfortable and convenient for quick conversations or longer listening
- Headset battery level displays on your iPhone screen
- Up to 7 hours of talk time, 11 days of standby time and up to 180 days of DeepSleep
- Guided audio pairing quickly talks you through the setup with your iPhone
Did you notice?The 2-in-1 car + USB charging system helps you keep your headset charged on the go.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free conversations on your iPhone with voice-driven commands and enhanced sound.
What's in the Box?
- Plantronics Marque A170 Bluetooth Headset
- Car + USB charging system
- Clip-on earloop
- Other Features: Mono Bluetooth,Multipoint Support
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- Power Source: USB
- Stand By Time: 11 days
- Height: 9.1 mm/0.36 in.
- Depth: 14 mm/0.55 in.
- Length: 49.3 mm/1.94 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 88927-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 017229138773
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
1800-692-7753 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Truly outstanding product with minor issue you likely will never experience
Most ear pieces are barely loud enough to hear others on a speaker phone on the conversation. This unit is painfully loud at full Most ear pieces are barely loud enough to hear others on a speaker phone on the conversation. This unit is painfully loud at full volume and plenty loud at lowest volume. Superior to all others tested in that regard (and I test many). 6 stars out of 5
Ear piece battery life is actually as stated and amazing. Lasts all day talking (not standby, actually on the phone) so now I don't need two units to carry me through the day. Superb, 6 stars out of 5
Siri integration, not a problem. Press the big button and hold, beeps and then Siri perks in and she calls people by name, finds locations on maps, launches apps, and even lets me send text messages or recite notes in Notes (or in Pages etc) all very nicely. By far the best Siri experience for bluetooth (and I compare my Infiniti in that mix). 5 stars out of 5
Bluetooth paring is a breeze and it pairs easily with multiple devices. Works with my Mac as well as with my iPhone and I use my Mac with Siri (voice recognition) for notes and similar. Only issue is that near by Bluetooth can disrupt the connection so at my desk with enough bluetooth to warm my coffee, it will sometimes burp and lose the connection to the phone. Others that I have provided same unit to in the office do not have the issue. I tested two separate ear pieces and they both do it. I do have 16 blue tooth devices connected to my iPhone so take this with that grain of salt. 4 out of 5.
Weighs nothing. 5 out of 5 stars
Comfort, never have had a 'burning ear" from having it in all day with silicon pressing on ear. 5 out of 5
Controls, much better than prior products and all other products tested to date. The on-off tactile switch is a welcome change, visual green indicator for on. Love the english accent on the woman's voice. 6 out of 5 stars.
My last favorite earpiece was the Plantronics Discovery 975 which was $129. This one scorches that product at every turn. Best $59 you can spend on a bluetooth earpiece. …
- Written by William C from Bristow
34 of 34 people found this useful
Excellent Design, Fair Sound Quality
I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the b I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the best of any I've bought: beautiful shape, compact, nice functioning buttons, nice status lights (packaging is beautiful too). And it's really easy to sync and charge. But the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Bang & Olufsen was clearly the best in sound. Bose was next. The A170 is OK for phone calls, but listening to music and podcasts with it is disappointing. I know it's not supposed to take the place of stereo ear sets, but when I walk my dogs I'd like to listen to music for a short time - and I could do that with the Bose. But other than that I'm really happy with the A170. I need to have my hands free when I'm on the phone with customers and this is perfect. I'll be buying the Parrot Zik for serious music listening. …
- Written by Robert S. K from MILWAUKEE
19 of 21 people found this useful
Was hopeful, but this unit performed poorly
As always, not a fan of the long review - so I'll get straight to the point
I bought this unit at the Apple Store in Santa Moni As always, not a fan of the long review - so I'll get straight to the point
I bought this unit at the Apple Store in Santa Monica, CA, USA
- The unit does not play well with Siri at all
- The dual mics do something to keep sound activated and do not allow Siri to think through your response
- There is a long delay between the activation of Siri and then Siri responding to your request
- Sometimes Siri would hang up as if it were waiting for more instructions (I really think there is something going on between the dual mics and how the iPhone is interpreting the signal)
- Of 4 different units I have been testing in the last 5 days, this unit is the only one that lost connection with my iPhone 5 (iOS 6) four different times. (it would find the phone and sync up again automatically each time - but it dropped one test call because of it)
- It is a good looking device, and matches the "look" of the white iPhone 5 perfectly
- It does not feel cheap in the hand or ear (feels worth the money)
- the charger that comes in the box is great (it is a dual USB port car charger with the ability to plug in both your ear piece and your phone at the same time)
- The life of the headset is displayed on the status bar of your iPhone
I hope I received a faulty device and that it should not have performed so poorly, but I did, and it was too bad. I really wanted this device to work.
- Written by Josue A from Los Angeles
13 of 15 people found this useful
I have been wearing this for 3 weeks now & whilst its ok its far from perfect.
The sound quality is good but fuzzy so I give it 7 I have been wearing this for 3 weeks now & whilst its ok its far from perfect.
The sound quality is good but fuzzy so I give it 7/10.
People I call say they cannot hear me clearly, unlike my previous bluetooth.
It does work with Siri but I have found it does not always understand my voice commands.
You cannot just push the button to activate Siri, you have to push & hold for the 2nd beep then let go of the button, or it disconnects.
When a call comes in it will ask if you want to answer or decline which is a feature I like, if only it worked properly.
I have found that it only answers a call when it feels like it so most of the time I just push the button.
It will not stay in my ear but that just could be my ears.
It is not very comfortable with the ear hook, which is the only way I can wear it.
Considering the brand & price I expected better.
Overall I would not buy this one again. …
- Written by Philip H from Croydon South
Very clear conversations
I have used other plantronic bluetooth headsets that were terrible for conversations: always distorted and hard to hear and be hea I have used other plantronic bluetooth headsets that were terrible for conversations: always distorted and hard to hear and be heard.
This A170 has fewer bells and whistles then the others, but the sound quality is as good as using the iphone microphone and the battery time is longer. …
- Written by David G from Sharon
This is easily the best bluetooth earpiece I have ever owned... and I have spent a fortune buying, losing and throwing away others This is easily the best bluetooth earpiece I have ever owned... and I have spent a fortune buying, losing and throwing away others. I have used Jawbones, Jabra and plenty more (must have owned 5 or 6 over time).
It is not the most "highly spec'd", but it is easily the most effective and functional unit. I use it w my iPhone 5 and Macbook Pro for Conference Calls, watching programs instead of working/ while driving, Siri while driving and even for phone calls.
It is lightweight, but robust. 7hrs battery life, and charges very quickly and sits in my ear extremely well without around ear clips like I have needed for any other units. It even stays in while eating etc.
Sound quality is good, but importantly it is also loud enough that it can be used in the real world without having to be rammed deep into the ear.
**Its also super well priced! …
- Written by Carl S from Christchurch
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this Plantronics A170 Marque Bluetooth Headset work for recording videos ?
- Asked by Momen B from Conquers
- Nov 5, 2013
No answers yet
What is the difference between the Plantronics A170 (exclusive at the Apple store) and the Plantronics Marque 2 M165?
- Asked by Lyna T from Lawrenceville
- Dec 19, 2012
The A170 and M165 headsets are completely identical inside and out. Same features, same performance, The A170 and M165 headsets are completely identical inside and out. Same features, same performance, same warranty. The differences are in what comes with the headset:
- The A170 includes the "exclusive Apple charging kit": a 2-in-1 charging cable, enabling simultaneous headset/iPhone charging via a single USB connection, plus a USB car charger. Together they are a $25 value. Whereas the M165 includes a standard micro USB AC adapter for connection to a wall outlet.
- The M165 includes a 1-year subscription to the online Vocalyst service, which Siri renders superfluous, so there's no point in including it with the A170.
- The A170 includes an iOS-specific manual.
For iPhone users who typically charge via USB, the A170 is a good deal. …
- Answered by Stanton S from Austin
- Jun 28, 2013
Is this compatible with a Mac for Skype/Facetime?
- Asked by Susan O from Lafayette
- Mar 1, 2013
I recently bought the A170 and it successfully pairs with my 3GS Phone and Mac Book Pro. I have ini I recently bought the A170 and it successfully pairs with my 3GS Phone and Mac Book Pro. I have initiated a Skype call with it, which is great over and above a wired headset, and music from either source is picked up and over-ridden by incoming calls. During the day pairing with the Mac drops off now and then. Switching the head set off then on it re-pairs but if I were using it for a lot of Skype or Face Time it may be less than satisfactory. (In case it makes a difference I will admit I am working mainly from Windows on a Parallels Desk Top.) It is too new, and little used for me to come to a final conclusion with the Mac, but in general I am very pleased with the A170. Easy to use, comfortable fit (with three options), and the voice control "Answer or Ignore" is a great feature. BUT I had a really rough voice from a cough when I originally set it up and now that my voice is normal it seems a bit hiss and miss as to whether it responds. I'm going to post a new question on that matter. …
- Answered by Hilary A W
- Mar 19, 2013