Dual microphones for outstanding audio
Two microphones work together to capture your voice and limit background noise for great audio quality, whether you're on a call or listening to music.
DeepSleep power-saving mode
Marque “hibernates” when it's away from your iPhone, extending battery readiness for up to five months.
2-in-1 charging kit
You'll never be powerless with the 2-in-1 charging kit. The combo USB cable lets you charge your headset and iPhone together from either your computer or your car.
Now you can be truly hands-free when you need to be. When a call comes in you can answer or ignore your calls via voice recognition – without pushing a button.
- Dual microphones capture your voice and limit background noise for clear, crisp conversations
- Listen to your favourite music and media from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Extend battery readiness up to six months with DeepSleep “hibernation” mode
- Answer or ignore incoming calls with voice recognition
- 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge headset and iPhone from computer or car
- Voice alerts tell you talk time, connection status and more
- Ultralight design is comfortable and convenient for quick conversations or longer listening
- Headset battery level displays on your iPhone screen
- Up to 7 hours of talk time, 11 days of standby time and up to 180 days of DeepSleep
- Guided audio pairing quickly talks you through the setup with your iPhone
Did you notice?The 2-in-1 car + USB charging system helps you keep your headset charged on the go.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free conversations on your iPhone with voice-driven commands and enhanced sound.
What's in the Box?
- Plantronics Marque A170 Bluetooth Headset
- Car + USB charging system
- Clip-on earloop
- Other Features: Wireless
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- No. of Microphones: 2
- Power Source: USB
- Charge Time: 90 minutes
- Talk Time: 7 hours
- Stand By Time: 11 days
- Height: 9.1 mm/0.36 in.
- Depth: 14 mm/0.55 in.
- Length: 49.3 mm/1.94 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 88927-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 017229138773
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Truly outstanding product with minor issue you likely will never experience
Most ear pieces are barely loud enough to hear others on a speaker phone on the conversation. This unit is painfully loud at full Most ear pieces are barely loud enough to hear others on a speaker phone on the conversation. This unit is painfully loud at full volume and plenty loud at lowest volume. Superior to all others tested in that regard (and I test many). 6 stars out of 5
Ear piece battery life is actually as stated and amazing. Lasts all day talking (not standby, actually on the phone) so now I don't need two units to carry me through the day. Superb, 6 stars out of 5
Siri integration, not a problem. Press the big button and hold, beeps and then Siri perks in and she calls people by name, finds locations on maps, launches apps, and even lets me send text messages or recite notes in Notes (or in Pages etc) all very nicely. By far the best Siri experience for bluetooth (and I compare my Infiniti in that mix). 5 stars out of 5
Bluetooth paring is a breeze and it pairs easily with multiple devices. Works with my Mac as well as with my iPhone and I use my Mac with Siri (voice recognition) for notes and similar. Only issue is that near by Bluetooth can disrupt the connection so at my desk with enough bluetooth to warm my coffee, it will sometimes burp and lose the connection to the phone. Others that I have provided same unit to in the office do not have the issue. I tested two separate ear pieces and they both do it. I do have 16 blue tooth devices connected to my iPhone so take this with that grain of salt. 4 out of 5.
Weighs nothing. 5 out of 5 stars
Comfort, never have had a 'burning ear" from having it in all day with silicon pressing on ear. 5 out of 5
Controls, much better than prior products and all other products tested to date. The on-off tactile switch is a welcome change, visual green indicator for on. Love the english accent on the woman's voice. 6 out of 5 stars.
My last favorite earpiece was the Plantronics Discovery 975 which was $129. This one scorches that product at every turn. Best $59 you can spend on a bluetooth earpiece. …
- Written by William C from Bristow
75 of 76 people found this useful
Excellent Design, Fair Sound Quality
I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the b I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the best of any I've bought: beautiful shape, compact, nice functioning buttons, nice status lights (packaging is beautiful too). And it's really easy to sync and charge. But the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Bang & Olufsen was clearly the best in sound. Bose was next. The A170 is OK for phone calls, but listening to music and podcasts with it is disappointing. I know it's not supposed to take the place of stereo ear sets, but when I walk my dogs I'd like to listen to music for a short time - and I could do that with the Bose. But other than that I'm really happy with the A170. I need to have my hands free when I'm on the phone with customers and this is perfect. I'll be buying the Parrot Zik for serious music listening. …
- Written by Robert S. K from MILWAUKEE
38 of 40 people found this useful
missed the mark
Half the point of having an iPhone 5 (6.1.4) is being able to use siri to assist. This headset did not communicate with siri at al Half the point of having an iPhone 5 (6.1.4) is being able to use siri to assist. This headset did not communicate with siri at all; It did activate siri, but siri couldn't hear commands. After a long convo with Plantronics technical support, who posit the fault is with siri, I am sending it back.
Otherwise, the headset seems sturdy and well made. I was sad it didn't work, its cute as these things go. …
- Written by Kimberly M from San Gabriel
46 of 67 people found this useful
I've had better bluetooths
This ear piece connects well with my iPhone 5 but however does not communicate with Siri. I am a hairstylist so I need to have my This ear piece connects well with my iPhone 5 but however does not communicate with Siri. I am a hairstylist so I need to have my hands free but when I'm with a client and my phone rings the person on the phone can hear everything in the background including anything my client might be saying in my chair which makes it very difficult to use while working(multitasking). The background noise cancelation feature does not work that well. It does work well with streaming music. …
- Written by Donyeckia R from INDIANAPOLIS
1 of 1 people found this useful
A great headset.
This is a great headset for $60. Pairing with my iPhone was instant and effortless. The sound quality is quite good for phone con This is a great headset for $60. Pairing with my iPhone was instant and effortless. The sound quality is quite good for phone conversations but I wouldn't use it for music or movies. Works when my phone is 15-20 feet away or in my pocket. Good battery life, charges in no time and is very comfortable to wear. The Apple store only had black so I ordered the white online which matches my phone. Very happy with it. …
- Written by B R from Vancouver
1 of 1 people found this useful
Very satisfied with the A170
As airline pilot, I have used Plantronics headsets during my entire career. Having had a very good experience with them, I decided As airline pilot, I have used Plantronics headsets during my entire career. Having had a very good experience with them, I decided to buy the A170 for use with my iPhone and iPad. I am extremely satisfied with this headset because:
- Fits either ear very comfortably.
- It is very reliable (always connects).
- Has excellent volume to be heard in most noisy environments.
- Has very good noise canceling sound pick-up.
- Remains connected while the phone is in a central location and I move anywhere in a 4000 sqft house, or the backyard.
- Has 7-hour battery life in listening/talk operation. …
- Written by John B from New Albany
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this device also compatible with android?
- Asked by Elizabeth B from Muskego
- Mar 11, 2015
No answers yet
can it be used for more than one phone?
- Asked by Gerry P from Athol
- Dec 20, 2014
No answers yet
the car charging system is through USB or lightning charger?
- Asked by Federico S from Montevideo
- Jul 19, 2014
- Answered by Satoya J from Beaverton
- Oct 8, 2014
does this work with iPhone 6 or plus thanks
- Asked by Samaun P
- Apr 1, 2015
Yes, it does work with the iPhone 6 and I have not any problems with it during any updates.
- Answered by Sean M from Lowell
- Apr 14, 2015
Is the Plantronics Marque A170 bluetooth headset compatible with the iPhone6?
- Asked by Luisa F R from Los Angeles
- Sep 21, 2014
I can't get it to connect to Iphone 6
- Answered by Patricia E from Bryn Mawr
- Sep 28, 2014
how well does it fit in ear
- Asked by Penina M from Pittsburg
- Feb 25, 2014
I have been using mine for 4 months now & it does not stay in my ear unless I use the ear hook which I have been using mine for 4 months now & it does not stay in my ear unless I use the ear hook which is very uncomfortable & painful. …
- Answered by Philip H from Croydon South
- Apr 5, 2014