Libratone's Zipp speaker gives you true freedom of sound and freedom of choice for listening to the music on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac.
No wires, no worries
PlayDirect is wireless sound out of the box, because it needs no Wi-Fi access point or router. Just press Play on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac to stream your music.
Stream high-quality audio wirelessly from your iOS devices to your Libratone Zipp without loss of sound quality. AirPlay also enables you to set up multi-room systems with iTunes.
Libratone Zipp comes in a variety of colours. The Italian wool speaker covers are quick and easy to change with a simple zip.
Like an acoustic instrument the FullRoom technology in Libratone Zipp disperses sound waves every which way, wrapping everyone in vibrant audio.
Provide the free Libratone app with a few bits of information to get software updates and a personalised sound experience.
If you prefer to play your music the old-fashioned way, connect to Libratone Zipp via the 3.5 mm stereo jack or a USB plug.
This is a 60-watt, full 2.1 stereo system with FullRoom technology and DSP optimisation. A four-inch bass and two one-inch ribbon based tweeters deliver the sound.
The rechargeable battery gives you complete audio freedom. The speaker plays up to eight hours wired or up to four hours wirelessly per charge.
- Stream wireless stereo audio from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac anywhere
- Libratone PlayDirect creates a direct wireless network between your iOS device and Libratone Zipp – for a truly portable sound experience.
- FullRoom acoustic technology for exceptional sound performance
- Wrapped in colourful and durable Italian wool
- Built-in digital signal processing and digital amplification
- Plays and charges iPhone or iPod through the USB plug
- Plays up to eight hours wired and up to four hours via AirPlay/PlayDirect per charge
- Free Libratone app lets you enhance and customise your audio experience
- Ribbon-based tweeters for crystal-clear sound
Did you notice?PlayDirect lets you connect via AirPlay anywhere, even where no Wi-Fi network is available.
Apple Recommends ForPlay the music from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac wirelessly wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- Libratone Zipp AirPlay Speaker
- AC wall charger
- Wool cover
- Frequency Response: 60-20,000Hz. Maximum output: 96 dB SPL/1m
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: One 4-inch bass and two 1-inch ribbon based tweeters
- Power: Power Source: 110-230 VAC, 50/60Hz. Power consumption 40W external charger. Battery power
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 10.2 in./26 cm
- Width: 4.8 in./12.2 cm
- Weight: 4 lb./1.8 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: FP30570
- UPC or EAN No.: 5710957006004
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
1800-692-7753 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
I just got my Libratone Zipp last night and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with it. Although it is a little pricey, t I just got my Libratone Zipp last night and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with it. Although it is a little pricey, the sound it produces can easily sooth your “Empty Wallet Blues.” I am an audio engineer/audiophile and had been looking for a good portable airplay capable speaker and love the airplay and "PlayDirect" features. When airplay first emerged, I was skeptical of the quality of sound it'd produce, but am a skeptic no more. Also as an audio nerd, I measured the frequency response, and was impressed to find that for the most part it was a pretty flat response (except for the expected boost in the lows). The application they designed for the speaker also allows the user to set the speaker to different preset modes like "Shelf" mode where you can set the speaker to stop playing in its default 360 degree mode. All in all, the speaker has tickled all of my audio nerd fantasies, hi-fi wireless sound quality, sleek and small look with a big sound, and audio controls for the speaker. I would and will purchase more Libratone speakers, and so should you. …
- Written by Sam G from Eagle River
75 of 78 people found this useful
Great sound, beautiful design
I'd read good reviews of this before buying, but I was still pleasantly surprised by the clear, vibrant sound it produces. Classic I'd read good reviews of this before buying, but I was still pleasantly surprised by the clear, vibrant sound it produces. Classical music and vocal jazz has a wonderfully live sound. It's also got plenty of bass for hip hop and dubstep.
It's expensive, yes. But for me it is replacing a hifi system with two satellite speakers, a sub woofer and an airport express for streaming, so the cost is comparable. Sure it can't crank up as loud as my old system, but the Zipp is more than loud enough for listening to music in my living room on a daily basis. Maybe not powerful enough for blasting a crowded party, but that's really not the intended use for this speaker.
The design very pleasing to the eye and to the touch. Very Jonathan Ive. So much nicer than all those black boxes, cables and buttons on my old system.
The airplay connection is swift and flawless, both in traditional and playdirect mode. …
- Written by James H from London
26 of 27 people found this useful
Great sound, great design, simple setup
I took a long time considering which airplay speaker to buy. I was thinking of Bose, B&O and others. After reading the first revie I took a long time considering which airplay speaker to buy. I was thinking of Bose, B&O and others. After reading the first reviews of the Zipp, I tested it in store and decided to buy it and if I wouldn't like it, give it back. But from the first moment on I heard the sound of it in my room I was amazed by the clarity and the decent base. I set it up in less then a minute and it looks awesome. I listen to a lot more music now than I did before, even though I have always been a big music fan. People who come to my place and see it, ask: "What is that?". I turn on the sound and they love it. I love it, too. …
- Written by Nicolas L from Remscheid
23 of 24 people found this useful
Amazing surround sound for a small-ish speaker
Just got mine in the mail yesterday! Overall I'm impressed
- When I tipped the speaker on its side, there was a loo Just got mine in the mail yesterday! Overall I'm impressed
- When I tipped the speaker on its side, there was a loose/detached component inside the speaker that was rattling but I'm not sure what it is (doesn't seem to affect the overall function... so far).
- Taking into consideration the quality of product materials vs. retail price, the speaker is on the pricey side
- Airplay took forever to set up for some reasons (the Airplay logo wouldn't show up due to recent iOS 7.1 update)
- Libratone app requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Amazing surround sound that will be sure to give you goosebumps :)
- Portable / wireless
- Sound can be adjusted according to where you place the speakers (Outdoor, Shelf, Table, or Floor) …
- Written by Ingrid C from Burnaby
Ideal speaker for all needs
I searched high and low for the perfect portable speaker, finally settled on this, and couldn't be happier. I use it for all my au I searched high and low for the perfect portable speaker, finally settled on this, and couldn't be happier. I use it for all my audio needs - it's completely replaced my corded Bose speakers. …
- Written by Nicolas H from London
Great value, small footprint.
The fidelity of sound is surprisingly good. The set up is straight forward and the music rarely drops out with either the Airplay The fidelity of sound is surprisingly good. The set up is straight forward and the music rarely drops out with either the Airplay or Play Direct. The tower style is perfect for small tables or ledges and its height makes it easy to pick up and move. Well done to the designers and engineers for making a product that looks cool and performs great. …
- Written by C T from London
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will it work with ipad air
- Asked by Jacque K
- Dec 9, 2013
Hi Jacque, yes it will! I'm using it with my iPad Air right now! :)
- Answered by Daniel S from Brooklyn
- Dec 14, 2013
Can you run several speakers in different rooms?
- Asked by Uta B from Los Angeles
- Feb 1, 2013
Hi, You can play music to up Libratone 6 speakers at the time via AirPlay from iTunes, however this Hi, You can play music to up Libratone 6 speakers at the time via AirPlay from iTunes, however this is only possible from a PC/Mac and not from a iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. …
- Answered by Trine M
- Feb 4, 2013
Can you use Pandora on an ios device and have it stream to the Libratone Zipp? Do you need a special app to make it work?
- Asked by Megan B from Atlanta
- Dec 8, 2012
No special app is required for the Zipp, however Libratone does have an app out that you'll want to No special app is required for the Zipp, however Libratone does have an app out that you'll want to get for it (a FREE app). Otherwise, the speaker works off of the standard Airplay technology, so proximity then becomes the factor.
As of now, I have been successful using Pandora, Rdio, Netflix, and Hulu with the speaker, so to answer your second question, yes, it is compatible. …
- Answered by Sam G from Eagle River
- Dec 12, 2012
what is the size and weight for Libratone Zipp Portable Airplay Speakers
- Asked by Khaila H from Los Altos
- Nov 11, 2012
H: 10.2 inch. Ø: 4.8 inch.
Weight 1,8 kg. / 4 pounds.
- Answered by Sam G from Eagle River
- Nov 15, 2012
iOS 6 compatibility - is this product compatible with iPhone 5?
- Asked by Robert P from Oshawa
- Nov 3, 2012
Yes, I've used an iPhone 5 with it.
- Answered by James H
- Nov 8, 2012