iRig MIC Cast, provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear aural quality thanks to its tight pickup pattern that minimises background sounds so that you can capture the audio you want while cancelling out extraneous noise. The unidirectional condenser capsule isolates the intended audio source, yielding dramatically better results than an integrated microphone.
Use it for: Capturing interviews and presentations for Podcasts Transmitting a clear audio signal on FaceTime, Skype™ videoconferences Recording notes, meetings, speeches, and lectures Creating videos with greater intelligibility and an improved audio track Documenting your own recitals and performances -- or for concerts
The included tabletop stand makes it possible to set up your iPhone or iPod touch so that users have a clear view of the screen and so the camera can “see” the user for FaceTime or Skype meetings. For recording, simply place the stand wherever convenient for hands free operation.
- High-quality microphone with amazing sound quality
- Unidirectional pattern rejects background and room noise
- Sensitivity switch for the best possible quality in any situation
- Ultra-compact profile for easy portability
- Includes iPhone/iPod touch stand for convenient positioning
- Headphone output jack lets you connect earbuds while the mic is connected
- Works with any app that uses the built-in microphone
- The bumper-friendly jack makes it possible to plug in -- even if your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad is in a protective case.
Did you notice?iRig MIC Cast also works with your camera apps, dramatically improving the sound quality of your videos, too!
Apple Recommends ForPodcasting, recording lectures, meetings and interviews, conference calling and more!
What's in the Box?
- iRig MIC Cast ultra-compact audio capture microphone
- Adjustable table-top stand for iPhone/iPod touch
- iRig MIC Cast quickstart guide (Multi-lingual)
- Height: 28 mm
- Width: 10 mm
- Depth: 1 cm
- Weight: 30 g
- Length: 28 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRIG-CAST-IN
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813413030
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- iRig MIC Cast is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch (4th, 3rd and 2nd generation), iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad. They all require iOS 3.1.3 or later.
Ratings & Reviews
Clear but Relatively Costly
I found the iRig MIC Cast to provide more clarity than the built-in iPhone mic. This is however at an almost similar volume to the I found the iRig MIC Cast to provide more clarity than the built-in iPhone mic. This is however at an almost similar volume to the built-in mic which is a little of a disappointment even at the Hi volume setting.
I tested this with video recordings from Filmic Pro at 48kHz, 128kbps, mono. The subject was about two to three feet away. The recording was played back on my MacBook Air's built-in speakers. …
- Written by Jui Hsiang T from Singapore
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does it work on the i phone 4
- Asked by Ellis D from Perth
- Nov 11, 2012
- Answered by Matheus S from Melbourne
- Apr 10, 2013