Just like MacBook Air, BookBook is extra light and ultra-thin. This genuine leather case has rigid hardback covers with reinforced corners to protect MacBook Air from impacts, yet it weighs a mere 13.5 ounces. And its soft, chocolate brown, padded interior helps preserve the finish on your Mac.
You can use BookBook like a traditional sleeve. Or you can secure your MacBook Pro in place with the elastic corner bands, so you're free to use it without removing BookBook. This unique case also provides an additional level of security by disguising your MacBook Air as a vintage novel.
- One-of-a-kind case looks disguises MacBook Air as a vintage novel
- Genuine leather and hand-distressed finish
- Weighs as little as 13.5 ounces at slightly more than an inch thick
- Cornices provide a visual cue so you always open case right-side up
- Dual zippers allow access to ports on either side of MacBook Air
- Velvety, padded interior adds another element of protection
Did you notice?BookBook cleverly disguises your MacBook, helping to keep it out of sight when not in use.
Apple Recommends ForA handsome protective case for your MacBook that's durable yet light and ultra-thin.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South 13" BookBook Case for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Weight : 13.5 oz./382.72 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1103
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002245
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
this is what i was looking for, u can even charge your Mac while the laptop is inside the cover
- Written by ahmd A from vancouver
112 of 125 people found this useful
Like Fine Scotch
This case make me want to write a novel [with Scotch in-hand], and you how much engineers like to write documentation...
Seriou sly, very perfectly fitted - it adds just the right amount of protection that gives me confidence, but not too much as to compromise the slimness of the MacBook Air.
I generally like a technical clean look of a case, but this one brings a whole new dimension - it feels like a well worn wallet, the kind that just feels good when its in your hands. …
- Written by Tom S from Orchard Park
92 of 100 people found this useful
Best Case Ever
Wow... Have to hand it to the folks at Twelve South... this is the perfect case for the Air. The price does seem a tad high, but compared to the other offerings out there (all from like $40-60) it's really not so much more, and with free shipping, definitely worth it.
Only complaint is now my Mom wants one just for her papers and I'm concerned about the way she's eyeing mine... she's already proclaimed "it will be mine" someday. …
- Written by William J. M from Toronto
57 of 64 people found this useful
I bought this with my original MacBook Air purchase. It looked great but the zipper failed within a few months of moderate use. Su ch an expensive quality purchase should come with practical robustness. Disappointing ! …
- Written by Duncan G from Brisbane
4 of 5 people found this useful
OK, I love the look of this leather case. It looks just like a book and it fits perfectly. You have to baby the zipper and make su re the edges do not get hit or they will curl up. With all precautions taken this is a great case that can easily fit into any boardroom or college campus. I use mine for travel to protect my products from prying eyes. I am going to order the 15" for my macbook pro- that is how much I love this case. I have one for my air, ipad and soon the pro. My three bookbook's are going to look great on the book case. Just a wonderful idea...I wish I thought of it. …
- Written by hellane F from BLOOMFIELD
3 of 4 people found this useful
Unique and very well made, but mine had a zipper problem
This is a very unique case. It will not be for everyone, but I love mine. It is very well made, with quality leather and velvety material for the lining. There have been a number of comments re: the zippers....mine was difficult to operate, and just broke. I contacted the manufacturer, and they have been very responsive. …
- Written by Richard R from SLINGERLANDS
15 of 17 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can black Moshi 11" iGlaze Shell Case for MacBook Air fit in Twleve SOuth BookBook 11" ? Please help before I buy both products!!
- Asked by Damien S from San Jose
- Oct 19, 2012
No answers yet
- Asked by Cole M from Toronto
- Aug 13, 2011
Yup. I just bought the mid 2011 macbook air 11" a few weeks ago, and the case arrived at my front d oor about an hour ago! The fit is perfect - very snug - clearly designed for the 11" air. GET IT. …
- Answered by William J. M from Toronto
- Aug 16, 2011
My only experience in the first few hours of use is that 1) doing normal stuff, web browsing, email, youtube, etc. you'll have no problem (it gets warm, but not warmer than with normal use), however..... 2) I also tried out Starcraft 2 and the battery died in about an hour and the machine was SUPER hot. Nothing bad happened, and I'm not an expert, but yeah, the thing gets hot. …
- Answered by William J. M from Toronto
- Aug 16, 2011
- Asked by Monish P
- Apr 7, 2012
To a certain degree, yes, especially if you mac would end up falling with one of its edges first to the ground, the case should minimize any damage that may otherwise be sustained. But of course, it won't protect if it falls high enough, say about a 4ft threshold. …
- Answered by John A from Red Deer
- May 8, 2012
No, not this one. But just look for the BookBook in the macbook pro section, and it should be there . …
- Answered by Glen S from Forest Hills
- Feb 17, 2012
- Asked by Devon C from Ogden
- Sep 6, 2011
Based on the answer above by the person playing a game and the Air overheating with the case *open*, it's logical that it will get hotter closed and performing the same action.
Sadly you and I cannot have this beautiful case. :-( After my Air overheated with the Speck see-through plastic case which is also beautiful, I think I'll get the Incase perforated. …
- Answered by William B from Chicago
- Sep 28, 2011