Originally released October 2011
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1280-by-800 resolution
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.4 GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5|
|Cache||3MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory1|
|Hard disk drive2||500GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm|
|Optical drive||8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+/-R DL/DVD+/-RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)3 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|Expansion||One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), one FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), one SDXC card slot|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers with subwoofer, omnidirectional microphone, combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)
|Size and weight||Height: .95 inches (2.41 cm)
Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 4.5 pounds (2.04 kg)4
Next-generation quad-core and dual-core Intel processors.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro now features a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor or the fastest dual-core processor available - the 2.8GHz Intel Core i7. With Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.5GHz, these processors allow the 13-inch MacBook Pro to perform up to twice as fast as the previous generation.5
Introducing Thunderbolt. The fastest, most versatile I/O ever in a notebook.
Imagine accessing multiple streams of uncompressed HD video - from your notebook - at speeds that let you edit an HD feature film in real time. That's how Thunderbolt technology will connect the next generation of high-performance peripherals to the next generation of computers - starting with MacBook Pro. Ultrafast and ultraflexible, the Thunderbolt pipeline is up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0, and it offers unprecedented expansion capabilities. It changes what you can do on a notebook.
A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
The new MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that's with more powerful processors and faster graphics. You can expect to surf the web wirelessly for up to 7 hours on a single charge.6
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 384MB.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units. 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation. 15-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units. 2.66GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units, preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units, and preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 17-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Display polishing cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including: