Originally released June 2012
15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
720p FaceTime HD Camera
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.6 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz)|
|Cache||6MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory|
|Storage1||512GB Flash Storage|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)2 Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology|
|Expansion||MagSafe 2 power port, Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps), HDMI port, Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps), one SDXC card slot|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt ports with support for DVI, VGA and dual-link DVI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers, dual microphones, headphone port (Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote & microphone and support for audio line out [digital / analog]).
|Size and weight||Height: .71 inches (1.8 cm)
Width: 14.13 inches (35.89 cm)
Depth: 9.73 inches (24.71 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 4.46 pounds (2.02 kg)3
One screen. Five million pixels.
When you pack over 5 million pixels into a 15.4-inch display, the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can’t discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism and text is pin sharp. And with a 2880-by-1800 resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. So your best ideas can become your best work.
More color and contrast. Less glare.
The new Retina display reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. In fact, it has a 29 percent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. Blacks are blacker. Whites are whiter. And everything in between is rich and vibrant. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you’ll see the difference at practically any angle. And you’re going to love what you see.
There’s a reason they call it "flash."
You’ll notice a difference in whatever you do — starting up takes seconds, apps launch quickly, even navigating the desktop feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to flash storage, which gives you up to four times the performance of a traditional hard drive.4 Flash doesn’t have any moving parts, which makes it superdurable and quiet. It also has the ability to stay in standby mode for up to a month. Whether it’s been 1 day or 30, this all-flash MacBook Pro will spring to life, right where you left off.
Thunderbolt. Data transfer is now lightning fast.
Thunderbolt technology gives you a single connection that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express. With two 10-Gbps data channels, you can transfer data up to 12 times faster than with FireWire 800. And don’t worry about a single drive or peripheral tying up the Thunderbolt port: You can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. So with one tiny, streamlined port, you get lightning-fast transfer speeds and huge expansion capabilities.
Matching power for power.
A 7-hour battery life is impressive for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, top-of-the-line processors and graphics, and a superslim design, it’s absolutely remarkable. The built-in 95-watt-hour battery gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles and up to 30 days of instant-on standby time.5
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro units with 512GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM. 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 4GB of RAM were production units. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs, and 150GB test file. Average rotational media performance calculated by creating the test file on the outer, middle, and inner sectors of the drive and averaging the results from all three measurements. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included with refurbished products, subject to availability.