Questions & Answers for 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 (PC3-12800) - 2x4GB
10 Questions from the Community
compatible with mac mini 4GO 1600MHz DDR3 late 2012?
- Asked by Michele P from Saint-bruno
- 07 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (compatible with mac mini 4GO 1600MHz DDR3 late 2012?)
Can I replace the RAM memory of my MacBook Pro (its came with 1333Mhz) for this 1600Mhz?
MacBook Pro 13'3 inch from beginning of 2011
- Asked by Mauricio S from Ew York
- 07 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I replace the RAM memory of my MacBook Pro (its came with 1333Mhz) for this 1600Mhz?)
Yes. You can. I did with my MBP late-2010 and it worked like a charm. Just make sure that the sticks are inserted correctly. You may need to zap your NVRAM / PRAM if you experience difficulties. Here are a few resources to help you thorugh that process if necessary. Google that process if necessary.
- Answered by Jason S from High-point
- 06 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I replace the RAM memory of my MacBook Pro (its came with 1333Mhz) for this 1600Mhz?)
You can put up to 6GB of RAM in your computer. Even though apple say that only 4GB RAM will work. I guarantee you that 6GB RAM will work. But you can not buy 3GB RAM cards, so you must use a 2GB RAM card and a 4GB RAM card.
P.S. The 4GB RAM cards can get a little high in price.
- Answered by Morgan S from Lodi
- 03 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i want to increase my memory to my mc book 13" aluminum late 2008 how many GB maximum i can put.)
No, the Retina display Macbook Pro has the RAM soldered to the motherboard so it is not user replaceable. The only Macbook with user replaceable RAM is the non-retina Macbook pro.
- Answered by Brandon H from Holly Springs
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I put this RAM to the brand new (latest model) macbookpro 15"2.7 ghz with retina display?)
will this work on the macbook air?
- Asked by Jose L from Makati City
- 09 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work on the macbook air?)
I believe this ram is not compatible with MacBook Air as the MacBook Air use built-in RAM. Means, you can only upgrade your RAM using custom to order method before you make any purchase.
- Answered by Hasliza S from Gombak
- 11 6, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work on the macbook air?)
Can i buy ram at an apple store
- Asked by John S from Stoney Creek
- 08 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i buy ram at an apple store)
What brand is this memory upgrade?
- Asked by Carlo C from Fontana
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What brand is this memory upgrade?)