Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
489 Questions from the Community
What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable
- Asked by Yong Won K from Orangeburg
- 12 2, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
The Composite AV has 3 connections to your TV - the combined video signal and audio left and right. The Component AV cable has 3 connectors for video (separated into Red, Blue and Green signals to produce a better picture) and the left and right audio connectors.
Most older TVs that have AV inputs will have a set of composite inputs as will as some HDTVs, but typically only HDTVs have the Component inputs. Check your TVs inputs to see what you need. If the input on the TV has only 3 connectors (yellow, white and red) it is composite and if there are 5 connectors in the input grouping together you need the component cable.
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- 12 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?
- Asked by Raymond S from Lawrenceville
- 07 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
If you buy the Apple AV composite cable and a 30 pin to lightening adapter you have what you need. Connect the RCA cables to the back of your receiver where you would normally plug in a turntable or CD player. I would also buy a plug for the USB part of this cable system so that while you're listening to music, your iPhone 5 will be charging.
- Answered by Henry A from San Juan Capistrano
- 07 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as well
No answers yet
It will work with any TV that has the available inputs.
- Answered by Michael S from Apo
- 05 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this also work with a LG tv or does it only work with apple tvs??)
is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?
- Asked by Mehmet B from Murray
- 10 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
yes it is. if your ipod touch is 8 or 16gb, then it is 2nd gen, and can only go to 4.2.1, but if it is a 3rd gen for certain, then yes, it can go to iOS 5.1
- Answered by Sander B from Colorado Springs
- 06 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
The audio will work (99% sure) because the converter between Lightning and 30 pin supports analog audio out. The video (yellow cable) will not work :(
As far as I can tell, there is no way to support composite video on the iphone 5 without using an expensive converter box from VGA or HDMI.
- Answered by Jerry R from Portsmouth
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
can I hook up my mac book air to my hd tv?
- Asked by James W
- 11 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can I hook up my mac book air to my hd tv?)
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- 03 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?
- Asked by Miguel F from Santa Paula
- 10 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?)
Not through this cable, I agree with the previous person, unless you purchase the HDMI cable, that works, but this cable does not show video if you have updated to IOS 6
- Answered by Jerald B from Raytown
- 10 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?)
That's exactly what I do now, by connecting my iPad via the composite cable to my home-theater receiver's auxiliary input.
The composite cable package also includes a USB cable, which can plug into a spare charging block and allow you to watch Netflix without draining your iPad battery.
You scroll through Netflix options on your iPad app, and you control the film (play/pause/stop) from the iPad app as well. But when the film starts playing, it automatically is displayed on your TV.
I must adjust the aspect ratio of my Sony TV from "Normal" to "Full" to get the movies to fill the screen properly, but that's the only fiddling required. The streaming audio/video quality is good, though not quite HDTV good.
- Answered by Gregory J from New Albany
- 09 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Netflix movies using my iPad along with the netflix app and the composite AV cable?)
Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?
- Asked by Madison B from Wildwood
- 01 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
YES you can connect the AV COMPONENT CABLES to any ipad, iphone or ipod touch & then to your tv. but as far as i know once you hook up the cables you will only be able to see the video on one device at a time... i hope this answers your questions.
- Answered by Timothy B from Oxford
- 01 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
The cabe is about four to five feet.
- Answered by Derek F from Cypress
- 06 13, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is this cable?)
The digital AV adapter is HDMI and includes a higher definition video output that the composite (RCA Jacks -Yellow, Red, White) which is analog video (yellow). I don't know if the audio signal is better in the HDMI vs the RCA (Red/White) - it depends on what the iPad sends.
- Answered by James H from Olmsted Falls
- 02 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (whats the difference between the composite av cable & the digital av adapter)
What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?
I am seeking the best sound quality someone said I should use a airport express?
- Asked by Kristen I from Downingtown
- 12 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
The iWires 3.5mm cable will be the easiest way to connect to a Bose wave system without using the Bose Wave connect kit. No adapters needed simply connect the cable from your iPad 3.5mm Jack into the Headphone input on the rear of the Wave system. This should provide decent quality audio providing you adjust the volume on your iPad to a level that does not cause distortion when using the Wave system at high volume levels.
Alternatively you could purchase the Bose Wave Connect Kit which is specifically designed for iDevices but it will no doubt be the most expensive option & I doubt the difference in audio quality will be worth the extra expense.
- Answered by Jamie H
- 01 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
Yes! I bought this cable for my I-Pod 4 originally and tried it when I just got my I-Phone 4. It works great, the sound quality is wonderful. I have a 2009 Nissan Murano that I choose not to purchase the "tech package" on which included the I-Pod adapter. So now I just hook up the I-Pod or I-Phone using the rca audio jacks that are in the car with this cable. The downfall is that it does not charge at the same time..I have a seperate cable for that.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Andrea P from Southwest Ranches
- 05 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can it play your iphone 4 music through your car stereo?)