Does the new Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter support Wake-on-LAN?
And if so does it matter if the computer's just asleep or fully powered off?
- Asked by Blake C from Port Huron
- 06 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter support Wake-on-LAN?)
1 Answer from the Community
It should support "Wake for Ethernet network access" as long as it was configured and active before you put the computer to sleep.
"Wake for Ethernet network access" only works if the computer is asleep which is actually a super low power mode in which the CPU can watch for incoming network activity.
If you shutdown the computer, there is no way incoming network traffic will wake it. (the CPU is totally off; no network monitoring possible)
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- 06 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the LAN port Gigabit ethernet?
- Asked by Dustin F from Vancouver
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the LAN port Gigabit ethernet?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express