Do I need a power converter to charge my iPhone in a country with 220 volt power?
I have an adapter to fit the outlet, but do I also need a converter to convert the electricity from 220 v to 110 v?
- Asked by Everett F from Yarmouth
- 10 28, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need a power converter to charge my iPhone in a country with 220 volt power?)
7 Answers from the Community
The USB power adapter you get with an iPhone works with 110-240V power, so if you have one of those, you will be fine according to another answer on this site.
- Answered by Mark C from Virginia Beach
- 11 5, 09
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. I just spoke with an Apple representative and they said that apple devices can be plugged in anywhere around the world and accommodate for the difference in power wattage. The only appliance necessary is the correct adapter to plug into the wall. Happy traveling!
- Answered by Meredith O from Millerton
- 06 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. The transformer is auto switching.
Apple designed a modular transformer system to both simplify the plug and make travel between countries easy.
The transformer is the same in the US (110V) as it is in Australia (240V). The plugs are also identical to those included with each countries products.
- Answered by Glenn S from Bardwell Valley
- 06 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The ipad works from 100-240v. To 50-60 h
- Answered by Marcia D from Nyc
- 10 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
NO. One of the great engineering features of the iPhone. You may need an adapter but never a converter - it's already built into the phone!
- Answered by Lorraine P from Bonita Springs
- 02 9, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
i need to know if this adapter kit will work in south africa, will also like to know if the iphone 3gs is dual voltage,if not what is the wattage.
Can i also chare my ipod with this kit. thank you.
- Answered by Belinda M
- 05 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
- Answered by Eva M M from Spruce Grove
- 09 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Can lightening cable be used with 220 volts power while charging I-phone?
- Asked by Suresh P from Barboursville
- 03 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can lightening cable be used with 220 volts power while charging I-phone?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
12 w usb power adpoter will it work for 220 volt in india
- Asked by Swaraj S
- 08 9, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (12 w usb power adpoter will it work for 220 volt in india)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Is this product dual voltage?
- Asked by Daniel A from Pleasant Valley
- 07 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product dual voltage?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB