Should I get an iMac or a Macbook pro
I am a designer of print, web, apps and sometimes video. I often have very large files and would like to get a computer that is trustworthy and fast. I currently have a late 2010 I-mac and a 2012 macbook air. Both of which cant handle the large files I am working with.
Should I go with the new iMac fully upgraded or the Macbook Pro fully loaded?
Also as a note I do not care about portability.
- Asked by Erwin H from San Diego
- 12 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get an iMac or a Macbook pro)
2 Answers from the Community
Get the Mac with the best video card that you can afford. The new 27" iMac can be upgraded with a 2 GB video card, upgraded to an i7 processor, and 32 GB of RAM. The new 21.5" iMac has a weak video card that cannot be upgraded. The laptops are not as upgradeable as the iMacs, and will overheat when you try to do advanced graphic work on them.
- Answered by Daryl T from Junction City
- 12 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It depends, really. If you are on the go, and work in multiple places, then go with the Macbook Pro. If you do your work at home, then the iMac may be a better buy.
- Answered by Suri 1 from Brampton
- 01 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Should I get a Mac Pro or IMac?
- Asked by Natasha B from Piscataway
- 05 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get a Mac Pro or IMac?)