How can I burn a DVD on the new iMac?
I have a newer MAC, bought 2-3 months ago, and I am just now learning iDVD is no longer supported. so how can I burn DVD's and CD's?
Any recommendations on free 3rd party apps?
- Asked by Scott A from Liberty
- 12 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I burn a DVD on the new iMac?)
3 Answers from the Community
I bought the third party software called Roxio Toast 11 Titanium. I burned an iMovie I created into a DVD using the Apple USB Superdrive. Came out pretty good if I should say so myself for the first time!!
- Answered by Irene A from Corpus Christi
- 01 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've had first an iMac 27'' 2010 and for the last year a late 2012 iMac 27'', running Lion, Mountain Lion and now Mavericks.
Whilst having to use all sorts of apps in my previous Windows PCs, all I have been doing for the last 3 years is to -
- select the files to be burned in Finder
- right click
- select option 'burn x files to disc..'
and wait for these to be burned to CD or DVD, assuming a blanc disk is in your internal or external optical disk drive.
If not, you will get messages guiding you through the next steps, e.g. ''insert a blanc disk...''
Enjoy OS X
- Answered by Werner S
- 12 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Suggest that you buy a LG Model GP40NB40 and use OS X software provided to burn your DVD. This is an excellent and compatible device.
- Answered by James H from Brentwood
- 11 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Where can I get a CD/DVD burning software? That is compatible with my New iMAC. I can't find it.
- Asked by Miguel S from Jacksonville
- 11 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I get a CD/DVD burning software? That is compatible with my New iMAC. I can't find it.)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive