Can i run windows on a mac?
So i am a school student and we got a notice that we have bring laptops to school which has windows . So i thought of getting a Mac book pro. I know it doesn't has windows but my question is can we run windows on a mac? If so, how?
- Asked by Maha A from Sharjah
- 10 6, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i run windows on a mac?)
4 Answers from the Community
You most certainly can. In some ways it is better tha OSX Mountain Lion. You need to install Bootcamp first, which you download from Apple free of charge. This creates a new partition on your disk drive called Bootcamp (C). This will be your Windows C disk on which you will install Windows. I recommend Windows 8 because it is superfast and excellent. I am running both W8Pro and Mountan Lion and they are both excellent. Windows makes a better job of text rendering than Mac does, but Mac is better for sound software, in my view. If you are using Macbook you have excellent text rendering.
- Answered by Al G
- 04 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes you can, you just need to use the program 'Bootcamp' (pre-installed in every Mac), and of course you also need an original copy of Windows.
- Answered by Theresia W from Bogor
- 11 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I am running Windows 7 on my iMac successfully.
- Answered by Vincent C from Huntington Beach
- 01 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
In my studies at school we focused on a program that needed windows. Parallels is a great especially if you don't need to squeeze every inch of performance out of your machine. Most anything will run great on Parellels. The program I used is graphic intensive like a video game so I ended up switching to bootcamp to get better performance. You could just install windows and I believe you can give it permission to use your entire hard drive or you could dual boot using both Windows and Mac OS. So you have options. I am really happy with my Macbook Pro for it's hardware performance.
- Answered by Sean H from Salt Lake City
- 02 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can I run windows on a mac
- Asked by Andrew M from Columbus
- 12 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I run windows on a mac)
is running windows on my mac a good idea?
- Asked by Dianna K from Layton
- 01 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (is running windows on my mac a good idea?)
No answers yet
do you need a an Intel processor to run windows on a mac
- Asked by Mark C from Simi Valley
- 08 16, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need a an Intel processor to run windows on a mac)