can i use a iphone 4 power adapter with the iphone 5
- Asked by Michael S from Tampa
- 06 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a iphone 4 power adapter with the iphone 5)
2 Answers from the Community
yes you can but the cord is the only thing different, the iphone 5 comes with a wireless cord with a extra adapter :)
- Answered by Mahmood S from Bossier City
- 06 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The answer is yes, you can use the power adapter of an iPhone 4 on the cord of an iPhone 5 charger because a power adapter takes a USB, and all Apple chargers have a USB on one end, which can be plugged into any power adapter that takes USB.
You cannot use an old iPhone (4S and before) charger as a charger for an iPhone 5 however, because the iPhone 5 has a charger, called 'Lightning', instead of the old '30-pin'. This is the same as the IPad. All the Apple iPads up to the 2 are also '30-pin'. The iPad with Retina Display, as well as the iPad Mini have the 'Lightning' charger, the same as the iPhone 5.
I suspect that any future Apple Products will be using the new 'Lightning' charger, over the old '30-pin'.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Gabbie R from Miscouche
- 07 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
adapters for iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s power cables
- Asked by James K from Geneseo
- 10 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (adapters for iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s power cables)
No answers yet
power lead connecter to convert iphone 4S to iphone5
- Asked by John K
- 10 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (power lead connecter to convert iphone 4S to iphone5)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Can I get an adapter to go from a iPhone 5 to an iPhone 4
- Asked by Amanda G from Fort St John
- 01 18, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get an adapter to go from a iPhone 5 to an iPhone 4)