Does streaming from iPad to apple tv use up your broadband data allowance?
Apple TV data usage
- Asked by James W
- 09 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does streaming from iPad to apple tv use up your broadband data allowance?)
2 Answers from the Community
Data that moves around your own home network is not metered. Only the data that comes in via your provider's internet modem from the internet uses your allowance. If you're streaming directly from the internet to your apple tv, the data coming in from the internet will use your allowance unless it's from one of your provider's unmetered sites. If you're streaming from storage on a device on your home network to apple tv, that is your private data, separate from your provider, and costs nothing.
- Answered by Geoff P from Royston Park
- 12 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Iinet in Australia gives me free iView from the ABC.
All other TV streaming is metered
Other ISPs have similar offers....
- Answered by William C from Canberra
- 02 16, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Sherri S from Virginia Beach
- 10 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)