Can I use the Spotify app through Apple TV?
- Asked by Paul K
- 10 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Spotify app through Apple TV?)
4 Answers from the Community
Yes and no. While Apple TV does not include Spotify as a choice yet, you can use Mirroring to play Spotify from other Apple products through your Apple TV. Another way to play Spotify is to select System Preferences on iMac then select Sound and then AirPlay (will play the sound through your TV speakers without visual Mirroring.)
I wish Apple would include Spotify as a "channel" choice on its fine Apple TV. But since Spotify competes with iTunes I don't know if Apple will ever do it.
The way things are developing, with Spotify and other such "free" streaming services it may soon make purchasing recordings obsolete.
- Answered by Richard B from Round Rock
- 03 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Launch Spotify app, play music.
Hold down alt/option key.
Click the speaker icon in the top right of your menu bar.
Select your apple TV
This sends your sound to the apple TV, but not the screen.
- Answered by Graeme R from Oceanside
- 12 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Graeme R's answer is *very* helpful! One minor enhancement: the volume controls are apparently destination-specific. So make sure you try turning up the sound via the controls on your Mac if you've followed his instructions but still don't hear any sound.
- Answered by Erik W from San Francisco
- 02 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Because I can not use Spotify on Apple TV
- Answered by Rafael A. M from Brooklyn
- 12 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Sherri S from Virginia Beach
- 10 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)