AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad
AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad
Service and support from the people who know your iPad best.
For up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad, the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you direct, one-stop access to Apple's award-winning telephone technical support for questions about using your iPad. And you get hardware repair coverage — both parts and labor — on your iPad, its battery, and included accessories.
Every iPad comes with complimentary telephone technical support for 90 days from your iPad purchase and a one-year limited warranty. With the AppleCare Protection Plan, you can extend your service coverage to two years from the iPad purchase date. You can call Apple's award-winning technical support experts as often as you like and get your questions answered. And if you need repair service, we offer convenient service options.
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs the iPad, iOS, and many applications, the iPad is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Mail-in repair1: Mail in your iPad using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair1: Take your iPad to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple hardware coverage
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPad
- Battery (2)
- AirPort (3)
- Included USB cable and power adapter
Software support included
Whether you're sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Connecting to wireless networks
- Questions about FaceTime, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and other Apple-branded iPad apps
The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your iPad is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. See AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
For more information, read frequently asked questions.
What's in the Box?
- Getting started guide
- Terms and conditions
- 1. Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
- 2. Service coverage is available for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from the original specification.
- AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. With the exception of North Carolina, the company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan in the United States is AppleCare Service Company, Inc., an Arizona corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., doing business in Texas as Apple CSC Inc. In North Carolina, the company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan is Apple Inc. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment.
- AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms.