Questions & Answers for Harman Kardon Noise-Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones
4 Questions + 4 Answers
4 Questions from the Community
Is HK NC heaphones compatible with other device or non apple devices? How good are they with them compared when used with apple devices?
- Asked by Ananthanarayanan B from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate (Is HK NC heaphones compatible with other device or non apple devices? How good are they with them compared when used with apple devices?)
Yes, they are compatible with most portable music players, because these H&K headphones use the standard 3.5mm headphone plug.
The quality with other players varies but is usually pretty good... Apple products usually cost a bit more, but have higher spec parts. A strong enough amplifier, a clear DAC processor, stuff like that. There are other music players with as-good or better (or worse) parts, but don't get too caught up on that... basically, if it isn't priced too good to be true and has a good reputation, it ought to be fine.
I have a few other players I like, but my iPod is my favorite music player, the quality and service is worth the price.
- Answered by Everett M from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is HK NC heaphones compatible with other device or non apple devices? How good are they with them compared when used with apple devices?)
No, HK NC is noise canceling only. BT is the only set with Bluetooth.
- Answered by Thomas H from Duxbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do these headphones work wirelessly via Bluetooth the same as the Non Noise-cancelling set ?)
Harmen kardon compatibility
I purchased harmen kardon headphone as a Xmas gift. The sales person had told me they are compatible with other systems other than apple. I am now a little concerned as it appears that this is not the case. My husband would use them with his iPhone but may want to use them with his laptop not a Mac as well as a sound system also not apple. They are the ones that were $299.00. Please advise. Thanks.
- Asked by Tracy S from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Harmen kardon compatibility)
They'll be fine, just don't expect the in-line remote or mic to work with the laptop (pretty standard). You might need a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter for the sound system, but those are inexpensive and widely available.
- Answered by Samuel K from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Harmen kardon compatibility)