I purchased my 13-inch MacBook Pro in April 2010 and my original charger can no longer be used. What is the best charger to buy for this computer?
More Information About My MacBook Pro:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
I am unsure if I should purchase one of the new 45W, 60W, or 80W MagSafe Power Adapters for my computer. Any help/advice would greatly be appreciated.
- Asked by Raven H from Fort Lauderdale
- Flag as inappropriate (I purchased my 13-inch MacBook Pro in April 2010 and my original charger can no longer be used. What is the best charger to buy for this computer?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have the exact same computer and my charger died eventually as well. The recommended replacement charger to buy is the 60W MagSafe Power Adapter. This should be the same as the one that came with your computer. To verify, you can look at the printing on the bulk part of your charger. Keep in mind too that an 80W charger would work as well, but a 45W charger is not recommended.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Curtis M from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
would this case also work for a macbook pro 13 inch?
- Asked by Alex S from Maspeth
- Flag as inappropriate (would this case also work for a macbook pro 13 inch?)
- Asked about: Acme Made 13" Skinny Sleeve for Mac…
MacBook Pro retina 13 inch or 15 inch?
- Asked by Raquel J from Salamanca
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro retina 13 inch or 15 inch?)
- Asked about: Mac