I bought a Macbook Pro 15" in August 2009. Am I eligible for a free upgrade to Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Dan D from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought a Macbook Pro 15" in August 2009. Am I eligible for a free upgrade to Snow Leopard?)
1 Answer from the Community
I doubt it. Snow Leopard was released in August 2009 at the same time you bought your MacBook, so you may have had an offer from a vendor that was available back then. But that was 3.5 years ago. (And even it the offer was still available, you will likely need your receipt with the date of purchase.)
There was also a program to upgrade to Snow Leopard for free in order to entice Mac owners to move to Lion. However, this free upgrade program expired on June 15, 2012. Do an internet search for "upgrade-your-old-mac-to-snow-leopard-for-free" for more details.
So your alternative is to buy Snow Leopard. The price has dropped. Instead of costing $30, it is now only $20. (A far cry from the $130 of previous versions such as Leopard.)
At $20, it is a very good price.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the Brenthaven briefcase fit the 15" Macbook Pro ?
- Asked by Vernon O from North Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Brenthaven briefcase fit the 15" Macbook Pro ?)
- Asked about: Brenthaven 15" Broadmore Slim Brief…
Can this be used with a 15" Macbook Pro Retina?
- Asked by Michael W from Harrisburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a 15" Macbook Pro Retina?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (…
No answers yet
Will this fit a 15" 2009 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Lyt B from Grand Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit a 15" 2009 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Brenthaven 15” Elliot Slim Brief no…
No answers yet