Will my IPAD2 purchased in the USA require a electric current converter if used in India? If the answer is "No, not necessary" please explain
- Asked by Jane S from Woodbridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my IPAD2 purchased in the USA require a electric current converter if used in India? If the answer is "No, not necessary" please explain)
2 Answers from the Community
You do not need a current convertor as the 10W USB Power Adapter that is included with the iPad (1 and 2) will accept 100-240 volts.
You will however need a plug adapter to be able to plug the North American plug into the Indian style power socket.
- Answered by Scott S from Dewittville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I am not an expert; I have traveled around the world in the military though. Most common electronic devices made in the last 5 yrs are designed to accept 110 or 220 power without any type of transformer (the box/manual will give you this info). The only question that I would ensure I knew the answer to when traveling before I plug something in..."is this something other than 110/220?" I hope this helps...
- Answered by Roy R from Converse
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is there a lightning converter for the ipad 2?
- Asked by Jennifer Q from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a lightning converter for the ipad 2?)
- Asked about: iPad
Can this be used in a smoker?
- Asked by Tina A from Washingtonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used in a smoker?)
- Asked about: iDevices Kitchen Thermometer
No answers yet