where do you find out the cycle count?
- Asked by William B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (where do you find out the cycle count?)
5 Answers from the Community
In your Utilities folder open System Profiler
Scroll down then click on Power
Look under Battery Information for Cycle Count
- Answered by Matt B from Lodi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you are using OS Leopard (10.5), then Click on APPLE LOGO on top left corner of your screen, then choose ABOUT THIS MAC, click on MORE INFO button, in the content menu choose POWER, you will see Cycle Count along with other details.
- Answered by Dinesh D from Dubai
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Download this free app called Coconutbattery.
It tells you your battery's charge cycle, capacity and age. Very useful and simple.
- Answered by Jack N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
There is a free widget in Dashboard called iStat Pro that gives a slew of great information much quicker than tracking it down in the System Profiler and then some you can't find in SP.
iStat Pro gives CPU usage, memory usage, hard disk usage, network information (including download and upload speeds), temps of different components (CPU, Airport Card, Hard Drive, etc.), exhaust fan speed, battery information (including health as a percentage), uptime, and processes broken down by applications.
It's great because it's just about everything going on "behind the scenes" that you need to know all in one place in an instant. Seeing exactly what stresses your computer as its happening helps you correct appropriately... I know its more than you were looking for but its helped me a lot.
- Answered by Tanner V from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I went to the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner of my screen, clicked it ;), then "About This MAC", then clicked, "More Info", then "System Report". On left I found "Power" under "Hardware" and clicked on "Power" which took me to "Health Information:
Cycle Count: 421
Condition: Replace Soon :(
- Answered by Trisha G from Kihei
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
do films count against my download allowance
- Asked by Mike ) from Eastwood
- Flag as inappropriate (do films count against my download allowance)
- Asked about: Apple TV
If using for cycling, would you have to use it on your ankle
- Asked by Fay S from Valentine
- Flag as inappropriate (If using for cycling, would you have to use it on your ankle)
- Asked about: Misfit Shine Personal Physical Acti…