Does this AppleTV and HDMI-VGA cable set-up require an existing Wi-Fi network to connect the iOS device and the AppleTV. Or does it work without one?
2 Answers from the Community
Rachel, it would need to still have an existing Wi-Fi network, just as it does when you are using your iOS device with the Apple TV normally. The Kanex ATV Pro is a useful adapter that simply converts the signal from HDMI to your VGA input (and sound via "headphone" connection).
- Answered by John B from Statesville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No It does not all it does it converts the HDMI signal to a VGA (Aka Regular Monitor Signal).... In other words its like the Apple Mini Display to VGA adapter
- Answered by Roman P from Douglasville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I use an hybrid cable, HDMI-VGA to connect to a TV without HDMI?
- Asked by Rafael D from Metairie
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an hybrid cable, HDMI-VGA to connect to a TV without HDMI?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No Internet network in our RV?
- Asked by Jason C from Hebron
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet network in our RV?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet