Will this device turn on and off a computer?
- Asked by Ken F from Edison
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this device turn on and off a computer?)
1 Answer from the Community
I do not recommend it unless you are using it to force reboot a server.
Removing the power from a running computer can corrupt data.
Especially if the Computer is writing data to the HD at that moment.
If you do use it to reboot a mac that is not responding to remote access
then make sure that you use the energy saver control set to restart the computer after a power outage.
Note: If it is a macbook you do not have this option.
If the computer you are using is a windows PC I don't know the settings or if there is a stetting to restart after a power outage.
- Answered by Charlie B from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this device be used with multiple computers?
- Asked by Sandra K from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device be used with multiple computers?)
- Asked about: WD 4TB My Book Studio USB 3.0 Hard …
which apple computers use this device
- Asked by Stephen C C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (which apple computers use this device)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet
can you plug two computers into this device?
- Asked by Stuart R
- Flag as inappropriate (can you plug two computers into this device?)
- Asked about: LaCie 20TB 5big Thunderbolt Series …