If I set up the new iPhone 5s for my thumb print, can I also set it up for my wife's print, in order for her to use it while I am driving?
- Asked by Patrick M from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (If I set up the new iPhone 5s for my thumb print, can I also set it up for my wife's print, in order for her to use it while I am driving?)
6 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can have up to five fingerprints on the 5S. If you would not like to have a finger print you can always just tell her your password, because you always have the option for a passcode.
- Answered by Corey B from Pinnaroo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can enter up to five fingerprints into Touch ID. The iPhone 5S also uses a backup passcode (a four-digit number). You can tell her you passcode so she can unlock your phone or you can have her enter her fingerprint into Touch ID so she can unlock you phone.
- Answered by Kristina L from Laurel
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
yes, touch iD supports multiple fingers (about 5)
- Answered by Mac B from Barrington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, you can set up to 5 fingerprints (They can all be for different people).
- Answered by Aous M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, you can set up multiple fingerprints. It doesn't matter if there from a single person or multiple people.
- Answered by Jeremy M from Elkhart
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes. Note that sometimes iPhone will ask for the device's password anyway, such as on power-up or when reading the fingerprint is not successful, so she might need to know that (the password), too.
- Answered by David B from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
my wife has an iphone now but id like to suprise her with an iphone 5 32g can i buy it at full price and then she can take in to at&t and have it set