can someone else, like my husband, use my iphone 5s being that they don't have my fingerprint? what about in case of an emergency?
More specifically, is there a way to override the fingerprint to use the phone? For example, if another person's finger presses the home button is there a backup password option or something?
- Asked by Ashley Laborde V from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate (can someone else, like my husband, use my iphone 5s being that they don't have my fingerprint? what about in case of an emergency?)
12 Answers from the Community
Since the 5s allows for up to five fingerprints, my wife and I put our prints on each others phones.
- Answered by Andrew M from Edmonds
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your phone will have a passcode lock on top of the fingerprint scanner. You can use the passcode to unlock the phone if your husband is unable to. Also, when locked, the phone will have access to emergency calling so you can dial 911 or similar services while the phone is still locked.
- Answered by Talor B from Ammon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Finger print scanner feature alllows you to save up to 5 Fingerprints at once, so if you like you can have your significant other save their Fingerprints as well and be able to unlock the phone for you.
- Answered by Isaias G from Warwick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
With the Touch ID, there can be several people, not just one. You can have your husband's print recognized. There is also the passcode lock, so if that was correct, he could unlock it. There is also emergency dialing, so you could call 911.
- Answered by Gabriella B from Stone Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
You can put as many finger prints as you want into the phone like your child's or husband's. Also even if you didn't you can still ask Siri to call someone and there is also an emergency call button on the lock screen. There is also the passcode you have to have a passcode in order to use the fingerprint sensor.
- Answered by Kevin H from Chattanooga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
You can set the 5s up with fingerprints from more than one person. Both you and your husband can have easy access. It is very reliable. So far, it has recognized me every time with no problems.
- Answered by Melissa D from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
You can register more than one set of fingerprints, yours and your husbands if you so wish.
- Answered by Malcolm C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
You have the option of putting in a passcode, so as long as he know this code you're good. If it's an emergency and no one knows the code they would have the option of placing an emergency call from the passcode screen.
- Answered by Victoria M from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Yes, the fingerprint is only a convenience so that you don't have to type in your passcode every time you want to use your phone. You have the option of adding your family members fingerprints to your phone or giving them your passcode in the case of an emergency
- Answered by Marcelo G from Miami Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
The fingerprint sensor has the ability to learn more than one fingerprint. Just add the print to the app and your husband can use it just like you do.
- Answered by Jillane S from Lititz
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
I believe you can store more than 1 fingerprint on the phone
- Answered by Neil H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
The iphone 5s can have up to 5 different users fingerprint ID's stored.
For me.. My wife and I will have access, my 2 kids and anybody else will not : )
- Answered by Oliver M from Edmonds
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
What color is the fingerprint-sensor's ring on the gold 5S?
- Asked by Austin L from Ocean Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (What color is the fingerprint-sensor's ring on the gold 5S?)