Safeguard your valuable MacBook against spills, dust, and other contaminants without any annoying keypad interference. Moshi's ClearGuard is made with an advanced high-precision material that form fits to the MacBook keys, so you get maximum typing comfort and protection.
Ultra-thin silicone construction
ClearGuard is unique in that it's one fifth the thickness of other silicone protectors, ensuring unmatched key sensitivity and response. It's also highly transparent, so you can clearly see back-lit keys and preserve the visual elegance of your Macbook.
You can repeatedly wash ClearGuard with water and continue to use it over much of the life of your notebook.
- High precision molding that form fits to MacBook keys
- 0.1mm thickness - one-fifth that of silicone protectors
- High-transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through
- Durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane
- Completely washable with water (or mild detergent)
Did you notice?ClearGuard is completely transparent and only one fifth the thickness of silicone protectors.
Apple Recommends ForMacBook users looking for constant, unobtrusive protection of their notebook's keyboard against spills, dust and other contaminants.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi ClearGuard keyboard cover
- Cleaning instructions (part of the packaging)
- Weight: 0.28 oz./8 g
- UPC or EAN No.: 4712052310926
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Fits the following models: 13-in. MacBook and MacBook (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 13-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 15-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 15-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 17-in. MacBook Pro 17 (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Air
Ratings & Reviews
Best Keyboard cover
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against sp Pros
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against spills and dust
-kinda pricey for a piece of plastic but worth every penny, its the only one of its kinds out there right now. Others are made of super thick silicone.
-as it gets dirty, the more opaque it gets. So i decided to clean it with soap and water...BAD IDEA. the opaqueness got worse. So the solution is to rinse it GENTLY with water. DO NOT CRUMPLE IT UP AND SCRUB the wrinkles will be permanent. use a QTIP to clean it instead. And last but not the least go over it with a little bit of baby oil just to get it all clear and shiny again =) …
- Written by Shanelle R from whitesboro
1189 of 1283 people found this useful
Protects your keyboard
I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even know it was on); however, there is a little spacing above the function keys. It also gives my keyboard a little glossier look. As for typing with the moshi clearguard on, it feels squishier and you have to push down a little more. I also let it sit on my laptop for a while with the screensaver on and when I came back, it felt a little warmer on top (I'll be testing it more to see if it makes my macbook warmer). Overall, it will definitely prevent oil, dirt, crumbs, ect. on getting on/in between your keys. It is a good buy, but I wish the price was a little less. …
- Written by Marie B from Costa Mesa
631 of 718 people found this useful
The BEST keyboard skin ...
I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's su I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's superb! Unlike it's rivals (all of which I've tried in the past) this one is actually clear and has a GORGEOUS tactile key response (meaning you can actually still type with little to no effort)! The others feel like you are attempting to type through THICK rubber cement ... but this one is SWEET! It's quite clear (almost invisible), it's very thin, and allows for easy depressing of keys!!!!! Pricey, yes it is! Worth the cost?! YES (especially considering the cash that I spent on the other, more cloudy, thick/gross/RUBBER models)! …
- Written by JEFFREY D from SAVANNAH
552 of 648 people found this useful
Almost perfect but the only best out there so far!
It does what it says. Your keyboard will collect lots of dust and grim. This is the only way to protect your keyboard. The thing t It does what it says. Your keyboard will collect lots of dust and grim. This is the only way to protect your keyboard. The thing that I don't like about this product that it is slightly does not hold tight enough onto the keyboard. When you are trying to type fast or pressing down your keys hard, it moves a little. Other then that, I thin there is no other alternative to this product. Some people don't like the tactile feel that it makes for your keys. In my case, I love the feel. This product is very thin, and if you like to make your keys a bit more tactile. This is right product. Overall, I would recommend this product. …
- Written by David C from Brampton
Thought at first it would be just Ok, but after putting this on, I now highly recommended. Can hardly see it, it feels natural wh Thought at first it would be just Ok, but after putting this on, I now highly recommended. Can hardly see it, it feels natural while typing and most of all it will keep my keyboard clean. …
- Written by Stephen D from Dunedin
1 of 1 people found this useful
Doesn't fit well
I'm happy to have the added protection from debris getting under the keys. It feels like it's lose and a little wider than it shou I'm happy to have the added protection from debris getting under the keys. It feels like it's lose and a little wider than it should be. If the machine gets hot it can stick to fingers if you rest them on it for a while. It's clear enough but it does make the keys a little cloudy. …
- Written by Edward O from Bayonne