G-Technology's G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 hard drive is easy to set up and carry anywhere for storing your most important documents, MP3s, digital video, and photo files. Inside its sleekly thin special-edition aluminum case is a high-performance 5400 RPM hard drive with impressive USB 3.0 connectivity. It's also bus powered, so there’s no need to carry an external AC power supply.
- High-speed USB 3.0 connectivity
- Thin, beveled aluminum case makes for easy portability
- 1TB storage handles videos, photos, documents, and music
- Bus-powered design eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Plug-and-play Mac OS setup and easily reformatted for Windows
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?Delivers speedy performance along with USB 3.0 connectivity.
Apple Recommends ForHandy, bus-powered storage for taking along your essential files wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE mobile USB hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 5.08 in./12.9 cm
- Weight: 6.24 oz./176.91 g
- Length: 3.23 in./8.2 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Windows 8/7/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03234
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194449
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Such a great hard drive!
I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design compliments Apple's beautiful computers very well.
I'm a Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and I've never seen a G-Tech hard drive fail.
Buy this hard drive and backup your data. …
- Written by Phil O from Albuquerque
649 of 665 people found this useful
Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very sma Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very small and sleek n sexy …
- Written by Michael G from Edmonton
358 of 384 people found this useful
It looks nice next to my Mac and it downloads really fast. I'm happy with it.
- Written by Santiago R from Arleta
269 of 296 people found this useful
I bought this drive to store my media files on. The machine it is currently hooked up to is older and doesn't have a USB 3.0 port I bought this drive to store my media files on. The machine it is currently hooked up to is older and doesn't have a USB 3.0 port so I can't speak much about the potential speed of file transfers, but I have been writing files directly to the drive without any issue. Other reviews have mentioned potential issues with the USB connector, but I do not disconnect and reconnect the drive on a regular basis, so I cannot foresee this being an issue. I am quite happy with this purchase and would recommend this drive to those looking for a great cost/space ratio. …
- Written by Brian K from Balitmore
1 of 1 people found this useful
Excellent Little Drive
This slim, portable, external drive works great. I use it as a backup drive for my Macbook Pro and the inital backup of over 3gb This slim, portable, external drive works great. I use it as a backup drive for my Macbook Pro and the inital backup of over 3gb took less than 40 minutes and has since worked wonderfully. I cannot recommend a better drive. …
- Written by Erik R from West Liberty
3 of 3 people found this useful
I bought this hard drive for the price. Unfortunately, like other reviews mentioned, the USB cord that connects to the drive was l I bought this hard drive for the price. Unfortunately, like other reviews mentioned, the USB cord that connects to the drive was loose to begin with. I continued to use it, but I found myself working on important projects with the drive plugged in, to find that because of the loose cord, the hard drive would eject itself from my computer and I would then lose all of my work. I would return this if I could find the receipt. It's not worth the reasonable price. …
- Written by Tessa H from Whitewater
9 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How to move iTunes, iPhoto & game files: can they be dragged from my iMac internal hard drive to this G-Tech 1TB G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 Hard Drive
- Asked by Louise T from Eustis
Is G-Tech 1TB G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 Hard Drive (5400 rpm) - Special Edition compatible with Macbook Air?
- Asked by Salil T from Eastbourne
Compatible with MacBook Air OS X Yosemite 10.10.1?
- Asked by Kathleen H from Strong
compatible with MacBook mavericks 10.9.5??
- Asked by Jemel B from Brooklyn
Yes, the 1TB G-Drive is compatible with MacBooks with Mavericks 10.9.5. It will work on MacBooks wit Yes, the 1TB G-Drive is compatible with MacBooks with Mavericks 10.9.5. It will work on MacBooks with USB 2 ports. …
- Answered by Beverly C from Elgin
can it with windows xp
- Asked by Ruben W from Rochester
No sadly not. I can run on Vista and higher if you reformat it.
- Answered by Neel L
Is it OS X 10.10 compatible?
- Asked by Kirsten W from Spring
Yes it is - I have used it with OS 10.10.
- Answered by Neel L