Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
The Misfit Shine is a sleek personal monitor that syncs with the free Shine app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to track your activity level. Wear it anywhere on your body for any type of activity. Simply tap it and a cluster of lights glows through the metal shell to indicate your progress toward your daily goal.
Use the free Shine app to set your goals. Sync your data by simply placing the monitor on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch screen. Any time you want, you can tap the app to see your progress. It's all done without buttons, cables or recharging.
Built to last a lifetime, Shine is carved from aircraft-grade aluminium. An easy-to-change battery provides power for up to four months. And the unit is water-resistant, so you can include swimming in your training regime.
Crafted like a piece of jewellery, Shine is a tiny disc with a lovely halo of lights that light up in relation to your activity level. It complements any style clothing. You can wear it anywhere - on your wrist, shoe, bra strap, belt or around your neck. The monitor comes with a one-size-fits-all Sport Band for your wrist.
- Device and app track a number of activities including walking, running, sleeping, cycling and swimming
- Elegant all-metal construction
- Different accessories for wearing on hip, neck, wrist, shoes, shirt or bra
- Water resistant to 100 metres - great for swimming
- No charging required - battery lasts for up to four months
- Transfer data by just laying Shine on the iOS device screen
- Calculates steps and estimates calories burnt and distance travelled
Did you notice?Designed for easy wearability, Shine includes a wristband and a clasp.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping track of all your activities - from running to swimming to sleeping - on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
- One-size-fits-all Sport Band wristband
- CR2032 battery
- Battery replacement tool
- UPC or EAN No.: 858084004267
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
This app requires a Misfit Shine and an iPhone 4S or newer. Get your Shine at www.misfitwearables.com/shine
Shine is the elegant activity tracker that inspires you to live an active life. Wear Shine anywhere on your body with our range of upgrades including sport bands, leather bands, and clips, designed for comfort and style. Shine’s long-lasting battery and automatic wireless syncing mean you’ll spend less time plugging in and more time moving. Use the Shine app to access these features:
- My Shine: Create a goal and set Shine to track your running, cycling, swimming and more
- Activity Meter: Check your activity progress and see stats like steps, calories and distance
- Intensity Graph: See your activity level over time and watch yourself improve
- Highlights: See highlights of your days and weeks including activities, sleep, milestones and more
- Shine with Friends: Personalize your profile, add friends and compare your daily activity
Find us on Twitter: @MisfitWearables
Need help? www.misfitwearables.com/faqs …
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can i go to the beach and snorkel with these? And each day (5 days) with a few hours? Will it damage it?
- Asked by Xuehui L from Toronto
The Shine is fully waterproof to around 50 meters so no problem with the beach or snorkelling. The The Shine is fully waterproof to around 50 meters so no problem with the beach or snorkelling. The body is made from Aluminium and the band is silicone so should also not be a huge issue with the salt water. Of course its always best to wash anything after use in salt water either way and given the Shine is fully water proof this is pretty easy to do. …
- Answered by Brian B from Clarkefield
does the shine work with biking, if so how?
- Asked by Norris H from Knoxville
Yes (and no). if you keep the shine on your wrist, it doesn't pick up the activity from cycling. H Yes (and no). if you keep the shine on your wrist, it doesn't pick up the activity from cycling. However, if you transfer the shine to your ankle, either tucking it into your sock or using the magnetic clip, it picks up the motion of your leg. However, since its picking up the motion of cycling, it doesn't know how hard you are going. On a slow recovery ride, it rated that as intense exercise. When it was on my wrist for a 3.5 hour ride, it recorded mild exercise. So it depends upon where you position the shine. …
- Answered by Glen W from Colorado Springs
How can I monitor sleep?
- Asked by Joan H from Ft Myers
Tap it 3 times when you are in bed. When you start walking again, the item will stop tracking your Tap it 3 times when you are in bed. When you start walking again, the item will stop tracking your sleep. At least this is what I observed.
With the current version, it can track whether you are in Light Sleep or Deep Sleep. It will show you a time-based graph showing you when you are in Light Sleep and when you are in Deep Sleep. It also gives you a summary of total number of hours of sleep and total number hours of Deep Sleep. I guess the Deep Sleep Tracking has something to do with your movement in sleep.
I have been wearing it for 3 weeks now and I started noticing that the program is starting to "learn" when I would be going to bed. After synchronization with the App in the morning, it will show you two instances of sleeps - the first is a "projected" sleeping period & the second is the actual sleeping period (taken when you triple-tapped the shine).
But it isn't without any downside - my wife's Shine does not sync as well as mine. It may take her 2~3 times before successfully synchronized sometimes (but after de-linking/re-linking, it seems to sync better this past 1.5 weeks). Another thing is that it does not respond to tapping very well. We often have to give them a few more tries before they react. Also, don't expect it to be highly accurate in tracking steps and calorie burns.
However, we can live with that quite well. I would say both my wife & I love the Shine. We have practically replaced our watches too (it has an interesting way of time-telling). It also gives me motivation to hit my daily target. 4 of 5 Stars product in my opinion - Simple, Nice Design and it works! Though not highly accurate, it is not of any critical importance because it is the motivation that pushes you to walk another KM that counts. …
- Answered by Cheung Ting L