These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2344
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709004727
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
When I bought my macbook air a few months ago I wanted to buy not only a laptop case but something to protect my laptop. Apple pro When I bought my macbook air a few months ago I wanted to buy not only a laptop case but something to protect my laptop. Apple provides only two options for macbook air both very similar if not the same. I chose this one to add colour. It cracks easy even though I take good care of my laptop. It is a good fit but other than that very disapointing. Come on apple more options for your new Laptops and phones please - especially Macbook air and Iphone 5 ! …
- Written by Michaela C from Waihi
5 of 5 people found this useful
The RED Apple
Nice accessory to change the WHITE Apple to RED :)
- Written by Neha S
4 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
I have a sticker on my MBP case and I'm wondering if the clear case will still let the sticker be seen?
- Asked by Jessica W from Cardiff By The Sea
Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to even know it is on if you don't know what they look like. The case is crystal clear so every detail on the macbook can easily be seen. That's why I chose this case. I love the way the MBP looks and I didn't want any of it's "glory", if you will, to be hidden behind silly colors. …
- Answered by Jason G from Hamilton
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S