Misfit Shine Personal Fitness Monitor - Water Resistant
Misfit Shine Personal Fitness Monitor - Water Resistant
The Misfit Shine is a sleek personal monitor that syncs with the free Shine app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to track your activity level. Wear it anywhere on your body for any type of activity. Simply tap it and a cluster of lights glows through the metal shell to indicate your progress toward your daily goal.
Use the free Shine app to set your goals. Sync your data by simply placing the monitor on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch screen. Any time you want, you can tap the app to see your progress. It's all done without buttons, cables or recharging.
Built to last a lifetime, Shine is carved from aircraft-grade aluminium. An easy-to-change battery provides power for up to four months. And the unit is water-resistant, so you can include swimming in your training regime.
Crafted like a piece of jewellery, Shine is a tiny disc with a lovely halo of lights that light up in relation to your activity level. It complements any style clothing. You can wear it anywhere - on your wrist, shoe, bra strap, belt or around your neck. The monitor comes with a one-size-fits-all Sport Band for your wrist.
- Device and app track a number of activities including walking, running, sleeping, cycling and swimming
- Elegant all-metal construction
- Different accessories for wearing on hip, neck, wrist, shoes, shirt or bra
- Water resistant to 100 metres - great for swimming
- No charging required - battery lasts for up to four months
- Transfer data by just laying Shine on the iOS device screen
- Calculates steps and estimates calories burnt and distance travelled
Did you notice?Designed for easy wearability, Shine includes a wristband and a clasp.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping track of all your activities - from running to swimming to sleeping - on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
- One-size-fits-all Sport Band wristband
- CR2032 battery
- Battery replacement tool
- Mfr. Part Number: SH0AZ
- UPC or EAN No.: 858084004014
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
This app requires a Misfit Shine and an iPhone 4S or newer. Get your Shine at www.misfitwearables.com/shine
Shine is the elegant activity tracker that inspires you to live an active life. Wear Shine anywhere on your body with our range of upgrades that are designed for comfort and style. Shine’s long-lasting battery and automatic wireless syncing mean you’ll spend less time plugging in and more time moving. Use the Shine app to access these features:
- My Shine: Create a goal and set Shine to work for running, cycling, swimming and more
- Activity Meter: Check your activity progress and see stats like steps, calories and distance
- Intensity Graph: See your activity level over time and watch yourself improve
- Highlights: See highlights of your days and weeks including activities, sleep, milestones and more
- Sleep: Find out how much deep sleep you’re getting, visualized in a graph
Find us on Twitter: @MisfitWearables
Need help? www.misfitwearables.com/faqs …
Ratings & Reviews
My favorite activity tracker
I've used the UP, Basis, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fuelband, and the Lark - but I prefer the Shine.
I wear mine on my wrist. I I've used the UP, Basis, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fuelband, and the Lark - but I prefer the Shine.
I wear mine on my wrist. It's super comfortable and you don't even feel it. The best part is when you double tap the screen, you get a quick halo of lights that shows you your progress. I love checking how close I am to my goal and being able to 'brag' and show to others how I'm doing when they ask me about it.
On top of that - You never have to charge it. It can go under water or in the washing machine. It syncs wirelessly. Oh and the industrial design is beautiful! Highly recommended. …
- Written by Michael A from Austin
49 of 57 people found this useful
I actually really like this activity monitor for the most part.
I have had this activity monitor for about 2 months now and it does a very good job at tracking how active I am and how long I sle I have had this activity monitor for about 2 months now and it does a very good job at tracking how active I am and how long I sleep. I like the fact that I can swim with it and take a shower and not have to worry if its on me on not before I get wet. All in all its a great product, I just wish it would wake me with a vibration in the morning and have more than two modes without having to sync to change the second mode. …
- Written by matthew F from San Diego
39 of 44 people found this useful
Excellent, Lightweight and very effective
Have worn for 3 weeks now with the sports band. Very discreet, small and light. Not as obvious as Up band or Nike fuel band, whi Have worn for 3 weeks now with the sports band. Very discreet, small and light. Not as obvious as Up band or Nike fuel band, which i prefer.
Have not taken off for 3 weeks, fully waterproof and washes easily also.
Great for checking activity status, checking the time and monitoring sleep. …
- Written by Nick M from Fleet
31 of 31 people found this useful
Lightweight and motivate product
I have this gadget for 2 weeks. I really like how it works.
Very easy to use!
One minus, it's still did not identify type of you I have this gadget for 2 weeks. I really like how it works.
Very easy to use!
One minus, it's still did not identify type of your activity.
Note: Gadget did not track your static work with weight at gym, and it understandable. …
- Written by Volodymyr B from Dublin
Unreliable device, not as advertised
My device died only after having a couple of weeks. It's non-water proof as advertised. Not recommended.
- Written by Lan Q from Daly City
1 of 1 people found this useful
My (new) favorite fitness tracker.
After going through at least 4 Fitbits over the past few years, when I read about the Shine, I had to give it a try. It looks a bi After going through at least 4 Fitbits over the past few years, when I read about the Shine, I had to give it a try. It looks a bit sportier than I expected, but in terms of functionality I haven't been disappointed. For my needs, the Shine is perfect - I never have to take it off, worry about charging it, or avoid getting it wet. It's just there, always ready to go. After more than a month I'm still not tired of tapping it and seeing it light up to show me my progress.
In terms of the tracking, I wear it on my wrist - and I've noticed if I'm doing an activity that doesn't involve my arms much, it doesn't track steps as well as my Fitbit used to. But that's actually OK for me, since I wear the Shine more for motivation purposes than for accurate tracking. One of these days I'll try it on my waist and see if it performs differently.
The app performs great - never any problems syncing, and the UI is cute, useful, and fun to interact with. …
- Written by Amanda R from Outremont