Forget fiddly chest straps and confusing devices. The MIO Alpha is a continuous heart rate monitor watch that is both easy to use and accurate, even at performance speeds.
Comfortable wrist band
Using patented technology from the research labs at Philips Electronics, the Alpha is totally unobtrusive and has no fiddly set-up or chest strap to slide down or chafe. Instead, you wear it on your wrist. This clever heart rate monitor has a soft, stretchable silicone wrist band that ensures a snug fit that won’t slow you down.
Optimise your workouts
Heart rate training is an effective tool for endurance athletes, allowing them to measure and control the intensity of their workouts. By making sure you’re always working within the correct heart rate zone, you’ll maximise your efforts and perform at your peak.
Alpha is a true scientific breakthrough as it uses technology proven accurate at rest in medical use in a form that is now robust enough for sport. Light beams and an electro-optical cell 'sense' the volume of blood under your skin. Sophisticated algorithms are applied to the pulse signal so that the heart’s true rhythm can be detected, even while running at performance speeds.
Alpha uses Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology to connect to compatible devices to measure speed, distance and pace.
- Designed with simplicity in mind
- Only essential features with two button navigation
- Continuous heart rate display
- Set your own heart rate zones with visual and audible alerts
- Data review (total exercise time, average heart rate, time 'in zone')
- Activity timer
- Connects to your iPhone using Bluetooth
Did you notice?This accurate heart rate monitor is so comfortable you can wear it all day.
Apple Recommends ForRunners, hikers, cyclists, athletes and fitness enthusiasts who are serious about their sport and wish to take their training to the next level.
What's in the Box?
- MIO Alpha Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor
- USB Charger
- Instruction Manual & warranty
- Height: 102 mm
- Width: 102 mm
- Weight: 275 g
- Length: 112 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: 53PWHT-INT
- UPC or EAN No.: 693472586587
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
0800-692-7753 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Rip Off - stay away. DO NOT BUY
After spending over $250 Australian dollars for this device, I find that the company insist you spend another $74.99 to actually t After spending over $250 Australian dollars for this device, I find that the company insist you spend another $74.99 to actually track your heart rate. I am not sure if there is another device on the market, but this company blatantly rips off users. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS DEVICE. They will rip you off. …
- Written by John L from Sydney
0 of 1 people found this useful
With only 15 days of use my Mio Alpha has broken its cover thats is made by plastic material. I bought it in May 2014, and I`m rea With only 15 days of use my Mio Alpha has broken its cover thats is made by plastic material. I bought it in May 2014, and I`m really disappointed. …
- Written by Marcos A from Taboao da serra
2 of 3 people found this useful
Great design but not reliable for small wrists
This watch has a lovely feel and very clear display. The strap is snugger and softer than rival models and works nicely. And the 3 This watch has a lovely feel and very clear display. The strap is snugger and softer than rival models and works nicely. And the 3 colour LED is brilliant for letting you know at a glance - even in the dark - whether you are below, in, or above your chosen heart rate zone, even giving a double flash when you are considerably outside.
Unfortunately the heat rate measuring technology is unreliable, dropping out and taking a while to get back up/down to speed in the following situations:
(1) Small wrists - I used the second-to-tightest possible adjustment holes, so was at the bottom end (almost) of the size range and the unit was erratic on even vigorous walks never mind jolting runs. I tried it very tight, slightly looser and on both arms, but no difference.
(2) Any form of exercise involving wrist movement - press-ups, weightlifting etc.
I really wanted to go with this watch as an alternative to my Bluetooth chest band, but in the end it simply wasn't reliable enough for me with my small wrists. Kudos to a great overall design with many practical strengths, but evaluate fully under the Apple 14 day return scheme to make sure it is a reliable solution for you. Position is crucial - you must wear it behind your wrist bone as per the instructions. …
- Written by Michael B from Hove
9 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this watch count calories burned?
- Asked by Angela G from The Woodlands
Is this watch also a stopwatch?
- Asked by Andres V from Laguna Hills
- Answered by David R from Las Vegas
Has anyone successfully paired it with Polar Loop? Both devices are BlueTooth Smart, so they should work together. Help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Barry L from Maple
is it waterproof?
- Asked by Wayne V from Woden
Yes. Instructions say waterproof to 30 M, so no scuba diving.
- Answered by Alexander M from Charlotte
does it have a time feature like a regular watch?
- Asked by Seth W from Tyler
I bought this for my wife and the answer is yes. The time is the default mode. You hold down a but I bought this for my wife and the answer is yes. The time is the default mode. You hold down a button to turn on the HR monitor. The battery will only run 8-10 hours in HR mode, but will run weeks (months, maybe years?) if you just have it in time mode. You place it on top of a simple usb charger to recharge. …
- Answered by Alexander M from Charlotte
con i use it for swimming
- Asked by Tania P from Molendinar
Yes it is water resistant. Not for diving but recommended for swimming!
- Answered by Lindsay V from Calgary