Connect your MacBook to your HDTV using the Belkin Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI Adapter. It delivers both digital audio* and video signals for easy data transfer.
- Converts video to connect to any device enabled with HDMI technology
- Provides a digital audio* and video signal to your HDTV
- Supports full 1080p resolution and audio
- Molded strain-relief dongle provides flexibility for placement throughout the house
- Easy plug and play
Did you notice?Transmits video and audio* from your Mac with Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port for viewing on any HDMI-enabled device.
Apple Recommends ForConnect your MacBook to any HDTV to browse the Internet, share photos and stream audio or video from a variety of sources.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- Connections: HDMI port, Mini DisplayPort
- Mfr. Part Number: F2CD034ywAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868904985
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- *Audio support available only on MacBook Pro computers released after mid-2010. Older MacBook computers will require a separate 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable for audio.
Ratings & Reviews
Broke after less than a month...
Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/ Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/connectors aren't hot-glued into place like this one is.
Bought mine in August, and it broke this past weekend. It's super cheap for the $35 you pay. …
- Written by Evan G from Holland
173 of 185 people found this useful
Great Idea Poorly Executed
Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month l Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month later, maybe 4 or 6 movies total, the adapter no longer works. Perhaps I shouldn't have left it plugged into my iMac but who really unplugs these sort of things when the TV menu allows choosing input with the remote. The adapter is quite warm to the touch and the TV is set to the same HDMI port as the cable is plugged into so it's not a connectivity issue. The TV just doesn't show up on the iMac 'Display' or 'Sound' under 'System Preferences' as it did before. I'm disappointed, wanted to watch a movie instead of writing a negative review but here I am. Avoid this product. …
- Written by amos H from Punta Gorda
163 of 175 people found this useful
I am now on my third of these adapters after the first two stopped working after around 2 months. However my third has just made i I am now on my third of these adapters after the first two stopped working after around 2 months. However my third has just made it to a new record of failing within a week of use. Short adapter cables such as these which are primarily used with laptops should be made much more robust than this delicate item. My previous Monster brand adapter lasted me over a year. …
- Written by Thomas H from Bury
88 of 92 people found this useful
Awful product - DO NOT BUY!
This product is absolutely terrible! I do not understand why Apple are still selling it?! Bought one of these to connect my laptop This product is absolutely terrible! I do not understand why Apple are still selling it?! Bought one of these to connect my laptop to my TV and it worked fine for about a month then just stopped working. Returned the product and exchanged it for another one and THE SAME THING HAPPENED! AGAIN!! Such a shame as I do not know of any other cable to connect my macbook to my TV for a minimum cost (although £25 is still steep for a tiny wire).
Save you're time and money and do not buy this unless you have the time and patience to keep returning it to Apple every month to swap it for a new one.
Have read so many reviews on this product and 90% of people who have owned it have had the exact same experience. Just going by the reviews on this page, you can see that it is utterly useless! …
- Written by Rebecca F from Milton Keynes
Does the job
Not sure where all the hatred comes from used this with my Macbook Air while i was travelling the world and it did the job everyti Not sure where all the hatred comes from used this with my Macbook Air while i was travelling the world and it did the job everytime i needed it too. …
- Written by Chris M from Upper Ferntree Gully
A truly useless product
I should have read the reviews before buying this!
Mine was purchased with my new MacBook Pro over a year ago, but have only re I should have read the reviews before buying this!
Mine was purchased with my new MacBook Pro over a year ago, but have only recently got round to trying it out. It didn't work. A trip to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store proved that the lead was faulty. In their favour, Apple did agree to refund the cost even though it had been purchased over a year ago.
However I feel strongly that Apple should not be promoting a product like this. I would have given it no stars but I had to give it some rating. I won't be getting another one. …
- Written by Susan H from London
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is a lightening connector the same as a thunderbolt connector?
- Asked by Patti E from New York
Nope lightning connector is for iOS devices, iphone iPad iPod. Thunderbolt is for apple computers. B Nope lightning connector is for iOS devices, iphone iPad iPod. Thunderbolt is for apple computers. Both use very different technologies also. …
- Answered by Michael Z from Santa Clara
Can i use my xbox 360 with this cable on the 2013 21.5 imac?
- Asked by Matthew K
Does the audio work with a mid 2010 macbook pro?
- Asked by Kathi T from Ypsilanti
Will this work with my mid 2010 27" iMac?
- Asked by Richard L from Columbia
Yes this will work just fine with your 2010 iMac. I actually use one on my 2007 iMac and my 2012 iMa Yes this will work just fine with your 2010 iMac. I actually use one on my 2007 iMac and my 2012 iMac, both via firewire and firewire to thunderbolt. …
- Answered by Don B from Spruce Grove
Can i facetime on my tv with my macbook air ?
- Asked by Simon O from Sydney